• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vibrations in loose snow on the Viper MTX 162 -15

I had this on my sidewinder mtx this year where it actually wore the rail caps and the bolts for the hyfax off but my vibrations were terrible !! I thought it was the caps hitting the drivers !! I'll have to do the suggestions you guys have brought up also !
Any idea where to get bigger wheels for the anti stab kit ?

I have xtx le -15 with 2.25” track, skid in lower mounting holes. I had terrible vibrations in deep snow. Original antistabb wheels are 63mm. I installed 83mm wheels and vibrations are gone... but. Now big wheels push track down so hard that it jumping over the drivers when i go wot (mcx 270). I bought plastic and going to make 73mm wheels and try if that helps.

I have xtx le -15 with 2.25” track, skid in lower mounting holes. I had terrible vibrations in deep snow. Original antistabb wheels are 63mm. I installed 83mm wheels and vibrations are gone... but. Now big wheels push track down so hard that it jumping over the drivers when i go wot (mcx 270). I bought plastic and going to make 73mm wheels and try if that helps.

Where are you buying the larger anti stab wheels

Great info guy. I just noticed this with my new BTX and my wife’s attack has been doing this for a few years now and I had no idea what was going on. Is the anti stab wheel kit a Yamaha product or an aftermarket.

Here is part number for Yamaha wheels that are larger and fit the stock anti stab shaft

Attachments

• 590A292F-CB11-405F-8521-25AF238674A6.jpeg
    590A292F-CB11-405F-8521-25AF238674A6.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 199
The fix for this, at least what fixed it for me, was really simple.

I have a 2016 mtx Le 162x3 and the first time I rode it, my legs went numb. It was terrible.

What fixed it was an add on that comes factory on the sidewinder, and costs less than 15$

Two-8JP-RA289-00-00
And two 8JR-G7513-00-00

Its a wheel that mounts in the bottom center of the front torque arm. The clips actually hit the top of the front torque arm in certain conditions, and causes the vibrations.

There is absolutely no disassembly involved in adding the wheel. It simply clamps around the torque arm, and the sidewinder uses the same arm.

Numbers 22 and 23 in this microfiche
https://www.ronniesmailorder.com/oemparts/a/yam/5aba823b87a86612183a20bd/track-suspension-2

Last edited:
Yes, they added the extra wheel when Cat/Yamaha went to a drop and rolled chain case and changed the rail profile on they're mountain sleds. I does help protect the front arm from track clip damage during suspension compression and I could see where it would help reduce vibration as well.;)!
Bill

Yes, they added the extra wheel when Cat/Yamaha went to a drop and rolled chain case and changed the rail profile on they're mountain sleds. I does help protect the front arm from track clip damage during suspension compression and I could see where it would help reduce vibration as well.;)!
Bill

Thats not entirely true, as the 17 winders don't use the dropped chain case, but still come with the wheel.

It completely eliminated my vibrations and will help save my torque arm from damage! Cheap thing to try at least.

Back