• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper brake lever

I ride withone finger over the lever on my XTX at all time... i found the lever to be perfect! It is quite big, but it gives great feel and no shortage of leverage, Have you trid adjusting its position 2 ways on the bars?

I think It works great also

Last edited:

I just finished the year only 1200 Viper miles and must admit the brake lever -length, fit and feel are good for me.

I have big hands and maybe that's why. I can ride hard with 1-2 fingers on brake or fit hand on bars to warm the fingers. No issues on my sled any way. I wonder if there are some differences 14 -15 or between models.

I have years and > 30,000 miles on Yamaha brakes dating back to 98 over 7 different sleds and note a less giving feel but not a huge change.

Yamadoo

I also don't care for the brake lever ! tryen to get a set of handgards around that thing a joke!
Nick:

I installed OEM hand guards from a Nitro on my Viper using the aluminum Viper mounts. You have to shorten them and drill and tap them for the bolts, but the give you lots of room around the break lever and clear the wings on the low windshield really well.

I've got a thread on here someplace with a how to. Might be an option for you.

Don't have a part number. It's the billet cat lever in their accessory catalog

Back