• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper front end

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Was looking closely at a ProCross.I like the chassis up to the front bulkhead.After it is just sheet aluminum and the upper A-arm mounts are held on with two small buttonhead screws each.Really thought there was some type of frame work there but is none.It looks like it would be easy to tie the two rear mounts together side to side with a brace like a strut tower brace for a car.Is it needed?Anyone have a issue?Anyone see how the SnoCross sleds are made in front?

cannondale27 said:
Was looking closely at a ProCross.I like the chassis up to the front bulkhead.After it is just sheet aluminum and the upper A-arm mounts are held on with two small buttonhead screws each.Really thought there was some type of frame work there but is none.It looks like it would be easy to tie the two rear mounts together side to side with a brace like a strut tower brace for a car.Is it needed?Anyone have a issue?Anyone see how the SnoCross sleds are made in front?

I too had those concerns when I bought my 2012 XF, but all of the force is on the lower a-arms not the upper. Have yet to see that upper mount even so much as come slightly loose. They do have a cross brace like a car strut tower brace.

Back