• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Gauge Function and Look.

SwedishManiac

Veteran
Website
www.youtube.com
Taken from Maxsled:
''New gauge has dual screens with many options, including: MPH, Temp, Altimeter, Hours, Fuel, Intake Air Temp, Voltage Meter, Oil Pressure, RPM, Clock, Odometer, Trip, and you can set up almost any combination. ''
2014-SR-Viper-RTX-SE-gauge-big-clock-500x333.jpg

So it has some really nice features tbh, like the Oil preassure, Temp, Altimeter, Intake Air Temp most myself.
Would be cool if they do a updated one when / if a factory boosted sled comes to include boost pressure to!

As for the looks it is not the prettiest meter i have seen, like the Vector style more but with these functions i find no reason strong enough to swap.

What is your opinion?

Yeah, I think its cheap and ugly looking, but loving all those functions!

when u are used to something more like this:

Apex-SE-Gauges.jpg

the Viper one seems 'cheap' and not quite as visually appealing. However, all those extra meters and options for displaying different combinations of them make up for it, at least IMO

way better than the POS on the nytro but then again I look at my gauge to see if I need gas and that's about all... I know you old timers need to make sure your not exceeding 40mph so you need your big flashy read outs :tg:

i have a 2006 apex and love the gauge but to be completely honest. i almost never look at it.
the viper gauge is not as pretty ad the apex but it looks to have a ton more options. which to me is a good thing.
it is definately better looking then the nytro gauges though

I wonder where the indicator lights appear on this gauge? (i.e. Check Engine, Brights, Warm Up, etc)

DeepFrz said:
I wonder where the indicator lights appear on this gauge? (i.e. Check Engine, Brights, Warm Up, etc)

I'm thinking the 4 squares in the upper center are going to handle that.

Daranello said:
all i see is a cat key and ac plug....the sleds a cat with a nytro motor....wow what innovation
Better then the Nytro guage. I think everyone needs to look hard at this sled. I think its a win win. I want one with 165hp-170 Nytro based engine with Apex Quality......

yamahahaapex said:
how about the all important tach for clutching? or is it on the viper cluster too?

Tach reads RPM it says RPM in the original post

yamahahaapex said:
how about the all important tach for clutching? or is it on the viper cluster too?

Tach reads RPM it says RPM in the original post

Daranello said:
all i see is a cat key and ac plug....the sleds a cat with a nytro motor....wow what innovation

Stirring up trouble again? Give it a rest dude!

I like it better than my nytro gauge but like others have said, I barely look at it.

Back