• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

viper mountain seat

CustomApexMan

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 XTX Viper MCX 270 HP
is the stock mountain viper seats any taller than the stock short track seats?

Yes it is...I put a mountain seat (MTX ) on my 15 LTX and I think it's a huge improvement over the stock seat.

Yes I was looking at them at my dealer yesterday. Did you change your bar riser yzf1999? I feel like the LTX is maybe an inch or two low for me when standing and I'm only like 5'9"

No I didn't change the riser. I'm 5'11 and the stock riser is a perfect blended height for both seating and standing.

No I didn't change the riser. I'm 5'11 and the stock riser is a perfect blended height for both seating and standing.
Maybe my arms are just too short. Lol

Maybe my arms are just too short. Lol

Not sure if you do any boon docking or standing when riding but if you do I highly recommend the vertical steering setup like whats on a MTX instead of a riser. HUGE difference, Its my favorite feature on my XTX LE. I helped SnoNinja covert his LTX to vertical steering this summer.

Not sure if you do any boon docking or standing when riding but if you do I highly recommend the vertical steering setup like whats on a MTX instead of a riser. HUGE difference, Its my favorite feature on my XTX LE. I helped SnoNinja covert his LTX to vertical steering this summer.
Yeah I remember reading about that over the summer. I find myself standing a lot more now since getting this sled. I'll have to go back and check out that thread again

That Vertical steering is on my list too. One hit to the vitals from the bars is all it takes to convince one!

The seat on the MTX is way too high. I'm planning on a wrp or skinz seat next year.

I looked at that and the first thing I thought is where is the give if you go over the bars. With that in mind I prefer the stock XTX and was glad I did at Grand Mesa last Thanksgiving when I did a superman over the bars :sled2:

I looked at that and the first thing I thought is where is the give if you go over the bars. With that in mind I prefer the stock XTX and was glad I did at Grand Mesa last Thanksgiving when I did a superman over the bars :sled2:

A forward eject has the potential to hurt no matter what bar setup you got. Stop doing those supermans! ;) I know you have rocks out there that wont move. :o|

A forward eject has the potential to hurt no matter what bar setup you got. Stop doing those supermans! ;) I know you have rocks out there that wont move. :o|

Oh yeah, went about a full sled length in the air before I came down. Bent the frame too, but glad I didn't have the MTX tripod steering....didn't want to find out firsthand if you will get caught on it. My handlebar riser did move forward on impact so I was glad about that

Back