• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper MTX Rear Suspension

yamahahog

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Viper M-TX 162 SE 1st stage MPI Turbo, 2007 Yamaha Apex MTN SE 162
Need a little help here. I have the Viper mtx 162 and I've been trying to get my rear suspension adjusted so that I don't have so much ski pressure. I've adjust the air shocks front and back, lowered the tunnel down one hole as far as it will go added and taken air out. Any one out there doing the same? just need some ideas to try so riding isn't wearing me out after 25miles or so.

Put a 160 pound spring in the front skid shock. Search for "heavy front feel" to find the thread.

If you have some scales, it is best to use this method to adjust your suspension.

Rule of thumb though keep about 3/4" sag on front end and 4" sag on rear end will make a lighter steering feel. My viper carries its weigh 40-60 front rear with rider. Steering is light. 80 psi roughly on front shocks, 50 psi on center shock and 80/120 psi on rear shock. I weigh 190 lbs. Currently running a timbersled rear skid.

Just put longer front limiter straps and it will let the weight transfer to the rear I did mine and a buddies it is a completely different machine and now no Plowing in the soft sno just picks the front right on top

Just put longer front limiter straps and it will let the weight transfer to the rear I did mine and a buddies it is a completely different machine and now no Plowing in the soft sno just picks the front right on top

Better have anti stab wheels or you may stab the track and that is ugly.

The overall length of the straps is 15.5 inches I think I went 17.5. Anti stabs are factory on the 15 mtx and I tightened the track a bit so it dosent pile up in front. The factory straps are tight when the sled is sitting on the floor even with the longer ones. I had my apex mtx beside it and noticed the straps aren't tight on the apex when sitting and transfers well so that's why I did it and it works really well.

I put the anti stab on when I saw what the end caps looked like at 500 miles. Not telling you what to do, just a word of caution.

rails.jpg

Back