• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper skid weight loss??

yukon yamaha

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 nytro custom! 2014 viper custom
We have a 2013 nytro mtx 153 w/ the lightweight skid installed pn:SMARSUSPFX in the shop and damn does it ever look like the new Viper skid with Yamaha rails!!!
Has any one weighed their viper suspension arms?!?
Just thinking that maybe the Nytro suspension kit might shed a few pounds off my viper skid?
Hope some one will have a little bit more info on this.
Thanks guys

sorry the picts are not the best..... these are out of the nytro light weight skid

viper skid....

I am thinking that I should be able to bolt the nytro arms right into the viper skid, since they are the same shape and size.

I believe that the tunnels are different widths. There is a light weight arm kit available for the Viper from BDX which saves 4 1/2 pounds.
Some various rear skid weights,

Rear suspension weights
Arctic Cat XF7000/Yamaha SR Viper stock 141" ...43lbs

2014 Arctic Cat XF7000 with 153" rails, BDX swing arm kit, 2 idler wheels removed and ice scratchers added...38lbs

Yamaha pro-action Viper (2 stroke sled) (w/136 Mountain Max rails)...74lbs

09 Yamaha Nytro XTX 144", stock (all idler wheels attached)...74lbs

Timbersled Nytro 144", ice age rails, Float X rear shock, 2 wheel axle, (stock 8" Cat wheels), stock Yamaha upper wheels and skid mounting bolts...36lbs

Timbersled Nytro 144", ice age rails, Float X rear shock, 4 wheel axle (stock 8" Cat wheels), Yamaha upper wheels and skid mounting bolts...37.5lbs

Arctic Cat 153" with float shocks, minus boggy wheels, with ice scratchers Thanks to hugger70mtnmax for spec!...43lbs

Yamaha Nytro 153" pro-mountain, all stock, including stock drop brackets....74.7lbs

Yamaha Nytro 153" pro-mountain, same as above, includes front shocks...78.7lbs

Timbersled Nytro153" Yamaha rails, Timbersled drop brackets, Includes Fox Float 2 front suspension shocks. Thanks Lone Viper!....46.2lbs

Yamaha 2010 MTX 162", stock including factory ice scratchers...58.5lbs

Timbersled 162", Wahl 4 wheel anti-stab kit, sidekick scratchers, 2 wheel kit Timbersled upper wheels...34.6lbs

Timbersled 162" same as above, except with Exit piggy back front shock, (4.3lbs)remote resi rear shock (7.0lbs) Thanks to tapex_07 for 162" specs!...45.9lbs

MtnViper had it right,they aren't switchable, but close. The lightweight Nytro arms are made by BDX (Black Diamond Extreme) and are basically Arctic Cat M skid suspension arms with one big difference: The lightweight BDX Nytro arms are made to work with the Yamaha Mountian Pro Air shocks (Fox Floats) which are different length than the Arctic Cat M stock skid shocks.

Second problem is the width of tunnel as mtnviper pointed out. The Nytro skid is wider....

Personally, I'd be looking for Cr-Moly arms for ProClimb from BDX. Guaranteed to work!

OTM

Back