• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper standed on trail 3 to Copper Harbor

DakotaBlue

I was on my way to Copper Harbor the other day and the Viper died on me. I was only doing 40mph and the screen flashed an alarm, but I could not read it in time before the machine shut off. I was not to happy when my buddy had to tow me to the next road crossing with his ski-doo. Had to cut my trip a day short. Going in to the dealer today. :o|

Does it turn over at all? IF it does see if the fuel pump cycles through. If it does not, have them check the ground wire to the pump. Mine was severed and left me stranded on the trail this past weekend. I was certainly happy it was not the engine but to have 200 miles on it was a bit disappointing.

That would be main power. A Viper unlike other Yamahas will turn over even without ECU or anything else powered. Will even turn over with killswitch deployed. I would suspect a bad battery or loose connection at battery.

DakotaBlue said:
The dealer has a new starter on order, along with a new relay. Just waiting for the parts to come in. Hopefully this takes care of it.

???? Sled dies while running and dealer orders a starter? Did I miss something here?

I would check the main fuse under the seat. In new york two years ago a young guy with xf cat was sitting in the middle of the trail withall of the panels off. The sled blew the main fuse and died on the spot. Wire grounded out against the motor from ecm 600 miles on sled. the wire was inside the plastic lum look carefully.

stingray719 said:
DakotaBlue said:
The dealer has a new starter on order, along with a new relay. Just waiting for the parts to come in. Hopefully this takes care of it.

???? Sled dies while running and dealer orders a starter? Did I miss something here?

x2 ?

So I went to pick my sled up today. Replaced the starter, key cylinder, and starter solonoid. The key was getting stuck in the start position. I was told this was an issue on some nytros from 2012-2013. Let's just say I was lucky. The starter was completely burnt up/black.

Back