• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper to nytro

Cfpdscott

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha viper Rtx-se
just out of curiosity is there a market out there for nytro guys wanting to trade for a viper? I have a 16 rtx se viper and typically do strictly trail riding with minimal off trail play. Just spitballing because I do really love my viper and haven't had any issues with it but am curious how a nytro with a supercharger or turbo handles on the trails? Has anyone went from a viper to nytro that can give feedback?

I have yet to be on a Viper, but I can tell you, a supercharged Nytro, on trail, borders on insanity. The acceleration coming out of a corner is hard to describe. Nytros pull hard without boost. Add 5lbs of "instant go" and you better be hanging on. Boost addiction is a real thing.

Last edited:
I have both a Turbo Viper and a Supercharged Nytro. Both pull hard but the supercharged Nytro is lights out stronger. It's warp speed on steroids. Turbo Viper gets about 11 mpg and the Supercharged Nytro gets about 8 mpg. As far as handling, its hard so say. My Nytro is a 153 MTX witg race front end and all sorts of other mods, but I'd say my Viper RTX is the best handling sled I've ever owned. The smile factor of a boosted sled is off the charts. Warning............once you go boost you will never go back!

Muffin, I know the thread is a year old, looking into a supercharger for my recent purchase of an 09 nytro,first 4 stroke and lovin it. You say it burns about 8 mpg, is that a pump gas SC and what kind of boost do you run, any issues being a year later??

I ran about 6 pounds of boost. Nothing wild. Regular 91 non ethanol pump gas. 8 mpg is all you should expect. The blower is running all the time and it takes HP to make HP.
I only had it one season. Ran fine other than it always ran HOT. I could never seam to keep temps down. I think it was more of an engine issue than Super charger. I had it on a used hill climb sled. Nyto MT X.

Thanks for the reply Muffin, I'll have to look into the running hot issue, that's the first time I ran across that. Was your fan working? I'm new to this Yamaha and didn't know it had a fan, I've never heard it come on which doesn't surprise me, all the noise from the clutch. Was that a factory super charger on the nytro?

Thanks for the reply Muffin, I'll have to look into the running hot issue, that's the first time I ran across that. Was your fan working? I'm new to this Yamaha and didn't know it had a fan, I've never heard it come on which doesn't surprise me, all the noise from the clutch. Was that a factory super charger on the nytro?

You can also run a relay off the battery to have the fan on all the time, normally the fan will only come on when it get to a certain temp. You can also drill more bleed holes in the thermostat to help drop the running temp.

MrSled Are you running either a Turbo or Super Charger and do you have cooling issues. Do you know if there's a lower temp thermostat.

MrSled Are you running either a Turbo or Super Charger and do you have cooling issues. Do you know if there's a lower temp thermostat.

I had a Nytro that I sold to a buddy of mine. Didnt really have cooling issues but the few things I stated will allow the machine to run cooler over all.

Back