• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper vs 1200 Doo-which will be faster?

browndogg

Same HP and knowing the Doo 1200 pulls strong and will see 102 GPS what will the Viper do?

The doo is lighter right. I say from corner to corner it's the yammie...... On the lake the doo............... MM.

Can't comment on the viper. But have ridden with 2 short track 1200 Doo's and put one up against my Nytro 136 with k&n's and a fuel controller. Hate to admit it but it was close, we only ran to maybe 80mph and he was pulling away in the end. Those 1200's work well.

However pull out my 03 viper and the yammy wins hands down. Was totally dissapointed my stock (engine wise) viper smokes my nytro, not even a contest.

1200 I rode with has the same top end as my Nytro XTX. After many gps runs on a lake, I pulled a 107 with Nytro and 1200 pulled 102. When running side by side they seemed dead even all the way through to top end. Out of the hole, the Nytro comes out harder if the traction is there. Haveing that said I guess the question now is if the procross chassis is faster? I'm betting the Viper has an edge, but it all depends on what track is compaired to which. Other then that, the question is no different then asking who would win in a fight, Superman or Batman? Lol

Dan

MadMax said:
The doo is lighter right. I say from corner to corner it's the yammie...... On the lake the doo............... MM.

At this point the jury is out. I do know the front end of the new Viper is alot easier to pick up than a current Nytro. Now some of it could be where the motor is actually mounted on the Viper vs. the Nytro, but I'll wait to see what the aftermarket outfits come up with as for unbiased weights.

browndogg said:
Same HP and knowing the Doo 1200 pulls strong and will see 102 GPS what will the Viper do?

Until they release the hp numbers of the Viper which is said to be at 129, the DOO will have it covered. 1200 is 138hp, same as the Nytro. But, the Nytro motor produces 138 with the correct exhaust. There is a reason why you have not seen any videos of the 2 racing so far. From what I am told you won't either... That should tell you something. The Nytro will not beat the 1200 on top end, but are pretty much side by side mid range.

SledFreak said:
There is a reason why you have not seen any videos of the 2 racing so far. From what I am told you won't either... That should tell you something. The Nytro will not beat the 1200 on top end, but are pretty much side by side mid range.

Nothing on dootalk either.

Dan

SRXSRULE2 said:
Can't comment on the viper. But have ridden with 2 short track 1200 Doo's and put one up against my Nytro 136 with k&n's and a fuel controller. Hate to admit it but it was close, we only ran to maybe 80mph and he was pulling away in the end. Those 1200's work well.

However pull out my 03 viper and the yammy wins hands down. Was totally dissapointed my stock (engine wise) viper smokes my nytro, not even a contest.
Your Viper must of had some extensive work done because my stock Nytro with 144 picks vs my friends stock Viper with 144 picks in about a 1500ft race and I beat him by about 8 sleds

Only clutch work on the viper, added 121 monoshock and has a 1 inch hacksaw with 144 studs. Nytro is an 09 rtx se, has oft 136" extensions with ripsaw II 1.25" K&N filters and Hauck fuel controller from Ulmer. I haven't played with the fuel controller but I do know its not pouring the fuel to it because it was getting normal mileage. No idea what's done to the clutching its stock as far as I know. Setup the way I bought it. I would add fuel but I don't want the mileage to go away as the range with the 6 gallon tank is bad enough as it is.

SledFreak said:
browndogg said:

Until they release the hp numbers of the Viper which is said to be at 129, the DOO will have it covered. 1200 is 138hp, same as the Nytro. But, the Nytro motor produces 138 with the correct exhaust. There is a reason why you have not seen any videos of the 2 racing so far. From what I am told you won't either... That should tell you something. The Nytro will not beat the 1200 on top end, but are pretty much side by side mid range.

Lol, Andy, where do you come up with these HP numbers? Doo's 1200 on average runs 132-134 hp....the Nytro 1049 runs 138ish. The Vector 1049 is 129ish. The motor being used in the Viper is the Nytro version and Cat is already rating it at 135.

The 1200 and Nytro trade wins...fact....no point in internet racing these two sleds, might as well just wait till next season and see how it unfolds. I think this new Viper will be faster than the Nytro as it's in a more efficient chassis. JMO

Back