• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper vs 1200 Doo-which will be faster?

I've ridden the 2013 doo 1200. It's very responsive and the new clutching system make it seamless. I owned 10 Yamy's and all of them are grabby in the clutches compRED TOO THE 1200 DOO. tHE DOO IS REAL FAST ALL THE WAY UP.

studdog said:
I've ridden the 2013 doo 1200. It's very responsive and the new clutching system make it seamless. I owned 10 Yamy's and all of them are grabby in the clutches compRED TOO THE 1200 DOO. tHE DOO IS REAL FAST ALL THE WAY UP.

Look at the difference in engagement rpm. Yamaha is almost 4000rpm, doo 1200 is below 2000rpm, of course its going to be smoother.

Saw a good running 1200 run with my 2011 apex. I beat him but he was close. I was shocked. Mind I think he had some stuff done and my apex was stock.

I've yet to ride an XP sled that I didn't want to jump off at mid throttle...the r motion is a nice ride but the front end handling on everyone I've rode is terrible at best...maybe they've improved for 14 but the 13 gade 800 I rode last season was nothing short of scary to ride...the thing went wherever it wanted to, not where I wanted it to go....big F in my book.

All sleds need to be set up for your riding style and the way you like it , with that said stock to stock I think it will be close , I do how ever think the 1200 will hole shot and maybe hold it till the end ...maybe ......we will have to see what happens come this winter ;)!

2BLUE4U said:
I've yet to ride an XP sled that I didn't want to jump off at mid throttle...the r motion is a nice ride but the front end handling on everyone I've rode is terrible at best...maybe they've improved for 14 but the 13 gade 800 I rode last season was nothing short of scary to ride...the thing went wherever it wanted to, not where I wanted it to go....big F in my book.

Seriously? Thats has got to be the biggest bunch of bull, I have ever heard. The XP/XR chassis is the best going and the sales support it. You keep drinking the koolaid.

Well last year my 09 nytro xxtx would run side by side with 13 1200 renegade. Bought the new viper now riding with 13 and 14 1200 renegade, I can run right with them in powder but hit the hard pack and they wave by by.

Back