• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VIPER34 ????

iarx1

Veteran
My dealer installed a ripsaw on my 03 and 120 1.325's down the middle. The track loosened up a bunch the 1st 1/2 hour of riding, racheted bad and tore off the heat shield. I've since tightened and no ratcheting and everything seems to be OK, no green snow but have not inspected heat exchanger. Two questions....1. Are you saying there is no chance for warranty if I did ruin my heat exchanger and 2. Are the heat shields needed? Thank-you.

If you ruin your heat exchanger because of adding studs that is your own fault, no fault of Yamaha's and they will look at it exactly like that and will void warranty unless you have a damn good dealer. As far as the heat shields, they're needed if you're running long studs and jumping which could cause the studs to come up and chew on the exhaust. I'd want the shields in there.

srxspec..Do you actually think those popcan thin tin shields are going to protect anything from a stud. I seriously doubt those thing were intendend to protect anything other then maybe dispensing heat, but I'd like to know.

Back