• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

VK Pro 2016 3 year review and update!!

YUKON MP and FRO1- thanks very good idea. Have lots of snow left, so when I get that ski fixed will try the beanbag. Now, for YUKON MP how are you finding the 2020 VK PRO? It has power steering, does it make much difference? They are BRUTES. MY B rating was an honest assessment. With the REV ACE lineup Bombardier are creating some nice sleds for comfort. But they are cold and the ride forward design means they are also tippy. Lots of folks rolling them and see broken windshields. Their older XP platform was nice. Newer ones not fussy about them.

YUKON MP and FRO1- thanks very good idea. Have lots of snow left, so when I get that ski fixed will try the beanbag. Now, for YUKON MP how are you finding the 2020 VK PRO? It has power steering, does it make much difference? They are BRUTES. MY B rating was an honest assessment. With the REV ACE lineup Bombardier are creating some nice sleds for comfort. But they are cold and the ride forward design means they are also tippy. Lots of folks rolling them and see broken windshields. Their older XP platform was nice. Newer ones not fussy about them.

lots of snow left...you just had to rub that part in didnt you? Lol. Absolutely no steaming of windshields this winter here in Labrador. Extremely mild season caused thinner than normal ice conditions on top of getting dumped with snow before any ground freezing. Last trip on the ice was Easter Weekend, about a month+ earlier putting the snowmobiles away compared to previous years and boats are in the water now which hasn’t happened this early since 1980.
Again with the beanbag though, that was my remedy on my Venture. Have never tried it with the VK but never know!
Enjoy the rest of your season. I have Yamaha outboard 4strokes to get ready for the water now lol.

Power steering makes a big difference. Whenever I switch between sleds I am always surprised at how easy/hard the steering is depending on which sled I'm coming off of or going on to.

Yukon MP thanks. Yes I just missed the power steering by one model year. Fro-1 I’m hoping to have my new Coastal Vokey here by July 15th on first sealift ship. It’s a demo model 182 co, small walk through with cabin. Lots of them on the coast in Labrador. I was choosing between coastal and Fab Tec Silver Dolphin, went for the glass boat this time. Has the F115 on it.

844C9795-F26C-498B-8FA5-5462916DF4E9.png
84BA2FD4-FC2F-4EE0-8FE8-2D45FFA5965E.png
AAB91B22-667D-47B1-8259-D228C631847A.png
1CDF5D76-F0C0-459C-8E56-E0F5EBBBDAFA.png
Yukon MP thanks. Yes I just missed the power steering by one model year. Fro-1 I’m hoping to have my new Coastal Vokey here by July 15th on first sealift ship. It’s a demo model 182 co, small walk through with cabin. Lots of them on the coast in Labrador. I was choosing between coastal and Fab Tec Silver Dolphin, went for the glass boat this time. Has the F115 on it.
They are very popular indeed especially on the southern coast of Labrador. I personally know a few ppl with them. My mother and her husband were a little too late a couple years ago on ordering and because they wouldn’t get it until the following summer they got the Silver Dolphin instead. In my opinion the Vokey would have been worth the wait. Silver Dolphins are built to last, no doubt about it. Unfortunately they can take the beating that us humans can’t. They hit extremely hard in the lop having most people I know with them end up purchasing expensive air ride seats.
My father had the Seabreeze 19’ cuddy model from 94’ to 2012 until I had a custom aluminum boat made for him by Lifetimer Boats out of Duncan BC, Vancouver Island. Those guys on the West Coast sure know how to built aluminum boats I can tell you. I never thought aluminum could come close to the smooth ride of a glass boat until I came across BC company’s and their are quite a few. If it weren’t for the shipping being totally unfeasible from coast to coast, Fab Tec would likely have to go back to just making tanks etc.
A friend of ours right now is impatiently waiting for his F115 to arrive at Fab Tec for his Silver Dolphin 19’ to be shipped to Goose Bay. None of us expected boating season to come this fast.

View attachment 161432 View attachment 161433 View attachment 161434 View attachment 161435
They are very popular indeed especially on the southern coast of Labrador. I personally know a few ppl with them. My mother and her husband were a little too late a couple years ago on ordering and because they wouldn’t get it until the following summer they got the Silver Dolphin instead. In my opinion the Vokey would have been worth the wait. Silver Dolphins are built to last, no doubt about it. Unfortunately they can take the beating that us humans can’t. They hit extremely hard in the lop having most people I know with them end up purchasing expensive air ride seats.
My father had the Seabreeze 19’ cuddy model from 94’ to 2012 until I had a custom aluminum boat made for him by Lifetimer Boats out of Duncan BC, Vancouver Island. Those guys on the West Coast sure know how to built aluminum boats I can tell you. I never thought aluminum could come close to the smooth ride of a glass boat until I came across BC company’s and their are quite a few. If it weren’t for the shipping being totally unfeasible from coast to coast, Fab Tec would likely have to go back to just making tanks etc.
A friend of ours right now is impatiently waiting for his F115 to arrive at Fab Tec for his Silver Dolphin 19’ to be shipped to Goose Bay. None of us expected boating season to come this fast.

Yes, the vokey’s are nice. Good ride. The welded aluminum are excellent here. The tides are the second highest in the world so boats are on the bottom at low tide. Welded aluminum is great for that. I had a custom made C&W welded aluminum for 12 years 22’ with standup cabin. I sold that and bought a Parker 2120. Had the Parker 5 years sold that now downsizing to the smaller Coastal. Your parents Lifetimer looks great! Love it!! I know the company, cost prohibitive to ship here too!! Boats are a Money Pit!! But folks are investing with these Covid summers.

979DAB7F-D382-437F-BEB9-F6840BFA2B6A.jpeg

Attachments

• 9B9ED217-7B27-45C8-AA8E-AD94F2C936FE.jpeg
    9B9ED217-7B27-45C8-AA8E-AD94F2C936FE.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 89
The photos of the two 1/4 inch holes in dash to help with the icing on the windshield. Re-routed exhaust is the bomb keeping ice in the tunnel to a minimum.

Oh, to you Fro 1 the Coastal Vokey.

Attachments

• 601BEE6D-070C-478A-BDCE-D5EC8C94BC74.jpeg
    601BEE6D-070C-478A-BDCE-D5EC8C94BC74.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 76

Back