• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wanted: Snowmobiling Girlfriend

Ok, whats wrong with women in my generation (mid 20 to early 30)? Seem like lots of ladies in my parents generation enjoyed getting out on the snow and it was a family sport. Last two girlfriends I had turned their nose up at the though of snowmobiling. Ok, I know I can be a bit obsessed with this sport but I'm not asking that she is. At least humor me and join in on the fun. I just don't want to be a winter bachelor...

Sledding girls are out there, best bet is look for guys my age and ask about their daughters. Mine both sled but both are in relationships with none sledders, mostly by location. One took to it quite quickly when visiting but the other hates the cold.

Sledding girls are out there, best bet is look for guys my age and ask about their daughters. Mine both sled but both are in relationships with none sledders, mostly by location. One took to it quite quickly when visiting but the other hates the cold.
Always a risky business. Ask dad and you may be given an opportunity or a fist to the face. Good guys are naturally protective over their ladies, especially their daughters. But I wouldn't pass up a good tip or opportunity to meet a nice lady. Besides to vent my frustration, that is one reason I posted this. Maybe there is one in the community looking for a nice guy. Seeing how being a winter bachelor is what I'm trying to avoid, seems like I should look/advertise where I want to be...

Always a risky business. Ask dad and you may be given an opportunity or a fist to the face. Good guys are naturally protective over their ladies, especially their daughters. But I wouldn't pass up a good tip or opportunity to meet a nice lady. Besides to vent my frustration, that is one reason I posted this. Maybe there is one in the community looking for a nice guy. Seeing how being a winter bachelor is what I'm trying to avoid, seems like I should look/advertise where I want to be...

Smiles! A sledding Dad may have daughters that ride! Tastefully, tact-ably and respectably ask around, meet them out riding, at a club function, maybe just listen cause dads love to talk about their kids. Walking up to some random sledder and asking about his daughters will get you a punch in the face.

A guy once told me he was dating the daughter not the father and did not need to meet the family, I agreed with him! Then I told him that all the while she said yes yes yes he would be fine, but if she ever said no no no his azz was grass!

Any guy worth his salt has faced me! I've always respected people who stand up and face me. Many came to the door and asked to date my daughters, all have met me and faced my approval or disdain. One came to the door and I growled at him, when he told my daughter I growled at him she asked "did he bite"? He said no, so she replied "then he must like you"! Has only been a couple I truly disliked. 99% have been great guys!

I think I found a good one. I've been helping her collect riding gear, including a used Yamaha jacket, new Yamaha bibs and she bought her own helmet and gloves. I took her out for her first ride 2-up on my Nytro and let her drive back. I then put her on dad's '85 Phazer and let her lead to set the pace. I knew she liked it when she kept going past the spot we turned around on the Nytro. I stopped her a little ways up the trail when I remembered the phazer was leaking gas from the carbs. We turned around and headed back home. When we got there she asked me why we couldn't just fill them up and keep going! I was pretty proud of her as she did very well for never riding one before!

Another reason she's a keeper: I was browsing Craigslist for sleds and showed her a pic of wedge Polaris and she tells me she wants a Yamaha so it matches her outfit! Bonus.

They are out there but they do seem few and far in between. I see quite a few down here in IL when we have the snow. Best of luck to you in your search. I got lucky and found one that enjoys it. Some advice if I may offer when you find a nice lady that is considering trying it:

1. Gear: I can't stress this enough, if she is cold- she is miserable. If she is miserable, she is NOT having fun. If she is not having fun, you will NOT be either LOL. Help her out with getting some good stuff, maybe even invest a couple dollars of your own. Another thing to remember, get her a helmet that fits right, is comfortable, warm, and will NOT fog up. Otherwise you will be in the same boat as I mentioned earlier. If she ends up not liking it you can always sell the gear.

2. The ride: make sure it's set up for her. If you put her on your old vmax with a clapped out skid, worn carbides, and stumbles when you hit the gas she is going to be scared to death. I can tell you personally, I had stuck my GF on my old viper last year, and my dumb arse didn't set the suspension for a lighter rider, nor did I tame the clutch down on it. It was set up for a 195 lb dude that throttle jockeys, not for a 130 lb gal with a steady hand. Luckily she gave it another chance and I picked her up a used phazer this year and set it up for her. She is quite happy on it now. I'm not saying you need to go drop 3k on something for her just to not like it, that would be ludicrous. But just make sure everything is in good nick before taking her out on the maiden voyage. (No extra sled? Perhaps a buddy would let you use one of their extra rides and she could take yours?)

3. If you are going out with the guys (and she's the sole lady), don't leave her in the back, ride behind her. Nothing scarier to a new rider than being somewhere and feeling like she was left in the dust. My .02 is if it's more of a bro time trip, make it up to her and go with another couple sometime or just the two of you.

Don't ask me how I came up with this advice just humor me and nod with a fake smile. :D

They are out there but they do seem few and far in between. I see quite a few down here in IL when we have the snow. Best of luck to you in your search. I got lucky and found one that enjoys it. Some advice if I may offer when you find a nice lady that is considering trying it:

1. Gear: I can't stress this enough, if she is cold- she is miserable. If she is miserable, she is NOT having fun. If she is not having fun, you will NOT be either LOL. Help her out with getting some good stuff, maybe even invest a couple dollars of your own. Another thing to remember, get her a helmet that fits right, is comfortable, warm, and will NOT fog up. Otherwise you will be in the same boat as I mentioned earlier. If she ends up not liking it you can always sell the gear.

2. The ride: make sure it's set up for her. If you put her on your old vmax with a clapped out skid, worn carbides, and stumbles when you hit the gas she is going to be scared to death. I can tell you personally, I had stuck my GF on my old viper last year, and my dumb arse didn't set the suspension for a lighter rider, nor did I tame the clutch down on it. It was set up for a 195 lb dude that throttle jockeys, not for a 130 lb gal with a steady hand. Luckily she gave it another chance and I picked her up a used phazer this year and set it up for her. She is quite happy on it now. I'm not saying you need to go drop 3k on something for her just to not like it, that would be ludicrous. But just make sure everything is in good nick before taking her out on the maiden voyage. (No extra sled? Perhaps a buddy would let you use one of their extra rides and she could take yours?)

3. If you are going out with the guys (and she's the sole lady), don't leave her in the back, ride behind her. Nothing scarier to a new rider than being somewhere and feeling like she was left in the dust. My .02 is if it's more of a bro time trip, make it up to her and go with another couple sometime or just the two of you.

Don't ask me how I came up with this advice just humor me and nod with a fake smile. :D

Yep, I got all those bases covered. I couldn't get one girlfriend to even give it a chance. I knew right then she wasn't the one... I mostly ride with older couples. We rarely ride fast. Only a couple guys (and sudo guys) trips a year and I wouldn't subject a prospect to that out of the gate and only then if she was interested in trying a different style of riding.

I guess I am pretty lucky! My wife and I started dating a little over 11 yrs ago (been married for 8) and her father has always been into riding. My first trip to the U.P. was with my wife and father in-law back in 2005. For the next 4 years, our trips were planned around her xmas vacation from college. We even went out to Colorado/Wyoming once. She always rode her own sled and enjoyed every minute of it. Once we got married, I found her a RX-1 that she loved to ride. Then...we started having kids and she hasn't rode since except for taking the kids around the bean field behind our shop. I'm sure once the kids get older it will become a family hobby again!

Thank god my wife gave it a second chance also LOL! That first ride 2o some years ago was a rough one at best!! I think i violated every one of your rules there!! LOL!

You could try going to snow festivals and things like that. I used to go to tip up town and now I go to NASF in Cadillac most years and there are always a lot of girls around. Some don't have sleds, but would like to go for a ride.

Thank god my wife gave it a second chance also LOL! That first ride 2o some years ago was a rough one at best!! I think i violated every one of your rules there!! LOL!

Chris I hear ya! Haha- all those rules came up from the school of hard knocks. I learned #3 the hard way last year and the poor girl broke down crying on us. Kinda a rocky day. She was able to give it another go and I think we got it all figured out now lol.

Back