• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

wanting to stud my xtx. how many is enough?

DANX123

Expert
looking to stud my xtx. i think woody mega bites with tall nuts. i have double backers at home. how many is enough. not looking to go nuts. just a safety concern

i went with 152 fast trak studs.this is a 3 3 2 pattern.havent got them installed yet but i think its going to be good amount for trail riding.going right down the center of track.

Went with 171 in a 2 4 2 4 patterm with 2 single backers then 2 double backers. Remeber you have to balance the front with aggressive carbides or new skis or both. I went with C&A Razors and shapers.

152 is an overkill if you still want to be able to corner. 114 of 1.450" Woody's studs is the the best approach to studding Nytro XTX.

114 fast trac studs with polymer backers. Just used the Woody's template for 96 on a 121" track which will equal 114 on a 144" track.

:Rockon:

stopdropanroll said:
114 is the perfect amount, 1.352 or 1.450 studs all doubles down the middle, you will end up with two doubles together because of the odd # of windows but I never had any issues with mine.
stopdropanroll, what kind of top end do you get with cobra track and studs?

dirkdiggler said:
The less you run the harder they are on the track itself.

That is a true statement however, you have to consider lenght of the track and how many of the studs are actually acting as a foot print. I have over 2,000 hard miles on my 1.450" Woody's in the center and no indication of pull throughs.

SledFreak said:
stopdropanroll said:
114 is the perfect amount, 1.352 or 1.450 studs all doubles down the middle, you will end up with two doubles together because of the odd # of windows but I never had any issues with mine.
stopdropanroll, what kind of top end do you get with cobra track and studs?

Not sure, its a new combo for this season, I think I have a slow XTX.....never have seen triple digits in 5400 miles!!!! Maybe this year though, excel header and a pc5, maybe some filters soon as well. Or maybe I am too fat 250lb+ and all the gear I normally ride with (bags and gas) is killing the top end. Last year with Ulmers clutching and a 1.75 track I saw 98, so maybe 100+ this year, I don't really care as we are corner to corner riders.

BADSLED said:
dirkdiggler said:
The less you run the harder they are on the track itself.

That is a true statement however, you have to consider lenght of the track and how many of the studs are actually acting as a foot print. I have over 2,000 hard miles on my 1.450" Woody's in the center and no indication of pull throughs.

But isn't the tipped up rails on the xtx supposed to act like a 121" sled?

I would try to get closer to 140ish studs. But thats just me and how I ride...on slippery tight twisty trails.

You could go as much as 133. Go 2 every bar and every 3rd bar run 3. That will get you 133. But on the xtx, because of the length, unless you are drag racing, you are not needing that much traction.

Back