• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warm Right Boot

2A5B24A1-3DBB-4C12-B555-AB8A61085B4D.jpeg
Hard to see but it’s a frog skin vent down under A arm and behind shock.

Swiss cheese both sides behind arms and shocks. Clutch and exhaust sides. Frog skin round. Drill through with correct diameter and CLEAN up plastic with razor and clean with brake cleaner and apply.

It's always a good idea to keep in mind the exit side too. More air in means need to get more out to optimize flow.

Smart idea with the vents and clean looking.

Do we know why Viper comes with venting on the clutch side but not the Sidewinder?

So FrogZskin stops dirt and snow from entering. What about snow that has melted? No risk of water getting in on the clutch side getting to the belt?

Any possible disadvantage of doing this at all?

So FrogZskin stops dirt and snow from entering. What about snow that has melted? No risk of water getting in on the clutch side getting to the belt?

Any possible disadvantage of doing this at all?

No snow or dirt get in.. this is.my venting.
There is no disadvantages i could think of

20201202_032645.jpg
20201202_032633.jpg

Last edited:
Been drilling round holes and using frog skins since 2012 on pro cross chassis.. Pretty much been drilling them out 2-3 spots on clutch side. Never a issue for trial riding.. I could see a POSSIBLE issue if you off trail.. I suppose you could punch a hole through frog skin if you run through some brush/sticks/trees?

I was more thinking on lakes and river, this year there was slush/water all season on top of the ice. Wouldn't water spray get in or?

Reminds me when we where waiting a buddy on the trail. Was a tad further behind than usual. Once he reaches us he doesn't say why. Then I noticed a branch still stuck on his hood. He had to confessed he did some sigh seeing by accident trying to go same speed as us. lol

On the subject of venting. I noticed Arctic Cat adds venting on top sides of the cowling?

Screenshot-2021-04-25-113754.jpg

Back