• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warm weather stalling/starvation

YTS jockey

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 VK Pro
Hello all, I’m a newbie to TY4S, I must say I’ve been on the site many times for fixes but can’t find a fix this time so signed up.

I’m having stalling issues to what I’m figuring is fuel starvation. My ‘09 VK pro has been running decently but the last 2 days it’s been stalling in this warm weather. It did this to me 2 other times 4-5 years ago in warm weather. You can hear it coming on for a minute or so, sounds like the fuel pumps aren’t keeping up with the demand. Perhaps a vapor lock happening somewhere in the lines?!? The sled stops I open the hood disconnect the in and out fuel lines off the pumps and reconnect and start cranking. Eventually after 10-15 minutes of on/off cranking the engine sputters and eventually starts up and I’m able to get home. I rode on half choke for approximately 5 minutes before I was able to run it normally. I thought perhaps bad gas or water in the tank so removed the tank drained all the fuel out and didn’t find a whole lot of water. Anyone with any ideas?

you need to restrict /shut off coolant flow to the carbs as well as flip the flap that is usually on there factory so that the heat gets away from the carbs. had to do this on my 05 rx warrior when riding in current temps. i carried a pinch pin in the glove box to put on the coolant line to restrict/shut off the coolant flow.

1706759217532.png

Back