• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

warrior mods to my rx-1 er

kill3rBacon

Veteran
in the freezer pretending it winter here in michig
as i was thumbing through my service manual and noticed small differences about the warrior ... 23t top gear ( 1 tooth smaller ) and the secondary spring from the mtn with 70* of twist ...

is that it ? as it gives no specs for warrior primary so im assuming its same as base rx-1 .

well since i got my motor back from one stop its been thrashing beautifully. but . it needs that next step and im thinkin the warrior stuff will be good .

so i get the fact its going to be geared a lil bit deeper . but is the secdary spring to help it backshift quicker ?

im trying to optimise my 0-80 mph performance .

Gearing down will only improve your 0-80 acceleration if you have the studs to get the traction. The Primaries are the same. The added twist will cause the sled to slightly resist the up-shift as compared to the Shorty's setting. This will raise the RPM, maybe a couple hundred, but it will also not shift out as fast as the Shorty's setting.

If you change the gear, then I would also consider changing the twist. But overall, these changes were made to accommodate the longer track of the Warrior, which you do not have. So, I think you will do more harm than good. If you want to Jazz up the clutching, pick up one of Ulmer's clutch kits.

i got 160 someodd woodys picks in it .. traction is not much a concern..

i understand now about the sec clutch. im going to break this down and see if you can point me in a better direction .

it gets to 100 . but it goes from 60-100 faster than its doin 0-60 . and just changing final drive a lil bit wont shift my performance envelope closer to speeds i can use 90% of the time ...

i mean i like the whole top speed thing ... but where im at its not often you have the conditions and surface at the same time . and it just feels like its geared so tall. where i ride and the way i ride i need that lil extra .

also how can i get it to back shift a lil faster ? to much lag and delay for my taste when cruising and and either roll in or flat out pin it ...

basically im looking for a quick sled . not a fast sled .

even from a roll i want it to come on as soon as my flipper hits the bar .

Get Ulmer's RX-1 Stage I and add a gear from them. Be sure to ask Allen what needs to be changed if you are going to droop one tooth in the top gear. Or, ... Their Apex Stage II includes the top gear, new helix and adjustable weights and I think both springs. You might start there and ask Allen what changes need to be made for the '05 RX-1.

so theres no chance of droppin a tooth without spending big money on clucthing .... that ulmer kit with gear is 500$

say im ok with current clutching . and just want my accessible power to come in a lil lower .

ive had the same thoughts as k.b. has .

Heel Clicker II clutch kit is only $229 and is most bang for the buck you can buy. I have 2 05s one with the heel clicker and completey stock. The other with a Hauck pipe, head work by Hauck and Hauck clutch kit set up by Jerry Hauck. The stock sled will walk away from the built one. We have switched riders and lanes and same result. The stock one has overdrive sheaves on the primary and will see 10mph more on top end by GPS 122 mph 112 on the built one and it takes about a mile to get there.

Put in a new top gear and see what you get. You may be able to pickup some adjustable weights and get the RPMs where you need them. The stock clutching is really petty good, until you start changing things.

Back