• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

weight savings?

island_rage05 said:
Is there any cheap ways to shed some pounds off of a four stroke sled i ride a 2005 rs rage any info would be great and can i put an apex seat on a rage??
Go to the gym and work out. LOL Later year sleds used lighter weight components in the engine and chassis but if you would really notice it on the trail, I don't know.

My brother put a white knuckle VP-2 on his 06 nytro.The stock Exhaust was really heavy,took of 10+ pounds.Riding the sled over bumps you could really feel the weight savings,less bouncing of the rear end.

Yes you can put on a Apex seat but you'll have to cu about 3" off the gas tank shroud. Do a search there is plenty of great info on this and step by step instructions. As for weight to shed this has also been discussed. Biggest is exhaust and rear skid and seat, have to change them with aftermarket.
As for which one its up to your riding style.

Back