• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WEIGHT

I'm 34. Most days I feel older. When I ride I feel younger. My wife thinks I'm lazy, but thats her fault. I can't help it that I'm watching TV and she brings me food.

Ok as long as you guys are on the weight thing, I've been thinking about purchasing either an rx-1 or a vector, but I currently ride an F7 and do a fair amount of ditch banging. They finally got the suspensions right it sound like on the 4-strokes, but are they too heavy to really enjoy hitting the ditches with them?

Hey Newbies, do some searching and reading. The weight issue is up to the rider, it is a personal riding style. The Rx1's arent like any other sled. Weltracer and NHR are correct. Most of us really dont have a clue or care what it weighs. Its is fricking fast, and smooth, and realiable, and gets great mpg. And IMHO its like a Caddy CTS.

Impala, are you calling me old? And your wife is right! If your so lazy, why no reverse? Just wait until you get stuck.

I have been reading and I completely understand that it's up to the rider, I'm just wondering what you riders think. I mean, I like to do some hard ditch riding occassionally, and if you think that the sled is going to be too heavy to enjoy that, then I probably wouldn't enjoy the sled as much and would look elsewhere. However, if you did think that it's all right for ditch riding (and i'm not looking for perfect here, I don't expect it to handle like a race sled) then I would love to own one. Just looking for a little advice that's all.

the response to my simple question makes me wonder why i bothered to ask the "experts" on this forum.i know how much my 03 weighs but that wasnt the question now was it. :moon:

That is one stupid comment. First the sleds are not even available up here yet. Secondly I am sure all of us have a 600 lb. scale around to check our diets with especially one with a pad big enough to weigh a sled on.. :o| :moon:

Jim

Indy, How old are you? I forgot.

Sorry, can't afford reverse. Or am I too lazy to shift it. Its bad enough that electric start requires the effort of turning the key.

My buddy is taking delivery on his 05 RX1 with rev on Friday so I wil see if he can weigh it at work. They have a big scale to weight them on. I will also get him to weigh my 03 RX 1 to see what the difference is.

Greenmachine,I understand not everybody has a 600 lb scale to weigh these sleds on but somebody might have access.My "experts " comment is a response to indy rippin on newbies.Ive read every thread and post on this sight and none of them have actual weight comparing 05 rx1 and 05 3 cyl.If i read a question asking for info and i didnt know the answer i wouldnt post a smartass remark.unless maybe if it really deserved it.haha thanks again to anyone with an intelligent answer.

race24x said:
My buddy is taking delivery on his 05 RX1 with rev on Friday so I wil see if he can weigh it at work. They have a big scale to weight them on. I will also get him to weigh my 03 RX 1 to see what the difference is.

It will be very interesting to see the results thanks Race24.... ;)!

Back