• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WEIGHT

rx-1 weight

WE WEIGHED A 04 WARRIOR WITHOUT GAS ON A CERTIFIED SCALE (WITH STUDS AND SKID PLATE) IT WEIGHED 641 # FOR COMPARISON, OUR TURBO WARRIOR WITH STUDS AND SKIDPLATE WEIGHS 609 #

markgyver said:
Ok guys now that some of you have taken delivery of your 05's has anyone put them on a scale yet.id like to see rx1 vs vector,warrior vs rage.ive seen all of the speculation,and yamahas claims but i want numbers.thanks :4STroke:

Can we agree that if you take the time to weigh them, that you do it completely STOCK, and full of all fluids? Dry weight is a pipe dream.

MarkG, WTF,if you had read every post then you would know that this subject was brought up in Feb when the new sleds were first announced. Since then maybe 4 or 5 people have actually taken delivery. When I get a new sled, the first thing I do is not run to find a commercial scales. I simply stated that most of us really dont care about the weight, and I also praised the sled. It seems that the only riders that care are racers, maybe we should have a racers section. I mean . . . come on, what does a 6 pound or even a 30 pound difference make? Thats the difference between a full tank and a half tank. Or even one bowl or two bowls of chili and one beer or 3 beers at lunch. If we really want to get technical we could start shaving the inside of the hood, or the top side of the skis. Is there a lightweight alt. fuel or oil? Finally, I really didnt think I was "rippin" the Newbies, and if I offended them I APOLOGIZE!

One last thing :rocks:

Indy,first off, i think more than 4 or 5 people have taken delivery.but thats not the point.you are right this is the best sight for info for these sleds.my point was this,i am deciding weather to buy 05 rx1 mountain or vector mountain,all i wanted to know was actual differance in weight.yamaha claims 22 pounds diff in motor weight.is that the only diff?it doesnt matter if its mountain of not the diff is the same.i for one do care how much my03 weighs because it feels heavy so 30 pounds just might make a differance,Look im not on here to offend anyone or piss anyone off.sorry to ruffle some feathers.im out.

Back