• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Western UP

I was up in the Houghton/Hancock area today and then down thru Marquette, Munising to Mansitque via M-28. Trails took a hit. It was 43 degrees in Houghton, 55 degrees in Neganuee and 52 degrees in Munising this afternoon and sunny the whole way. One good thing, we have had no rain yet to really damage the trails. Parking lots are bare, trail crossings are mud and brown, but trails are still okay for the most part in the snow belts. If it gets cold on Friday/Saturday as they it will and it does not rain hard we should be okay when the next snow arrives?

I'll make it a point. Talked earlier to a few guys that just got to Hurley(by car). Trails as seen from road look pretty bad and it is currently raining a little. Sounds like snowmobiling might be best kept to woods and higher elevs. I will update when I can.

Wakefield

Report for Wakefield from Manhattan. Via phone conversation this AM.

Visual (not from trail)
Things look bad. When I decide to ride(probably Sun.) We will most likely need to trailer to a drop point nearest the remaining snow. Anything in or near town is UGLY! I intend to bring gas cans to fill sleds.
Riding will probably be confined to north of M28 and south of lake Superior.
East of CR519, and West of Tr1 (M64).
There is lots of rideable acerage here but still a restriction!

Forecast via Morning weather channel report:
Temps will remain cold for as far as forecast goes. However, NO SNOW is forecasted. I hope JohnDee can get some LES for us!

By next weekend, it looks like no improvement. Let's all remain hopeful.

This thaw feels like we're all getting
;):D ;):D ;):D ;):D

Really? Johndees Forecast is very promising, 4 to 6 by monday morning and possible big storm right before next weekend. Every weather website I've checked has snow in the forecast (im referring to Hurley area mostly)
not sure what you're looking at.

just got back from hurley yesterday. other than woods riding snow is gone on all roads. we quit riding on wednesday at 3;00 and the temp was 61. snow was also gone in silver city and down to wakefield

Ugly

Came home monday.
Rode about 125 miles for the entire weekend (my avg is 5 or 600)
After the warm temps, everything froze solid! The "snow" is actually white ice. Rock hard and no moisture content. I wasn't over heating or killing hyfax, but the sledding was NOT enjoyable. Very few bare spots on 8 or 102 but that's all I rode. I figured I'd stick to what is usually great.The treail was 99% covered but still very un-favorable. Even in the woods, the untouched snow had such a crust that the sled barely left a mark in it!
As of this afternoon there has been no new snow. And none in forecast. :whine:

Back