• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What 2 place enclosed trailer would you recommend?

MXD

Pro
I am looking to get a new 2 place enclosed (clamshell style). I would prefer a wishbone tongue and some sort of lighting on the inside. What brands have you guys had luck with?

I have a Sno-Pro 10'. Has the wishbone on the trailer. Has a front access door, also has a rear man door which is nice to get in trailer without lifting clam shell. I am able to get my Attak in it also with a little room to spare. The only thing I didn't like were the props that hold the clamshell up, not strong enough so I replaced with the ones they use on the 12'. Now it works great.

My preference is for a Triton trailer. My 12 ft model with cover is easy to handle by hand and it tows quite nicely behind the truck.

Solid unit.

I have a 12 drive on/off Triton Clam shell. Great trailer quality built and tows great. Sold a 2000 12ft v-nose drive on/off that was a real drag to haul. The triton you hardly know it's back there.

I had one of High Country's motorcycle trailers and it vibrated like crazy at speed. It would shake the truck. I swapped out both wheels and it still did it. Ended up selling it a few weeks later.
I also know of a local dealer who used to sell them and said he had problems with them.

Also, $2600 for that combo is on the high side. I bought a new aluminum Yacht Club with the torsion axle and Sled Dock cap last year for $2200.

Shop around.

If your interested in a pre-owned trailer I have a 8x10 alum. sled bed with a fiberglass top cap encloser. ski guides, traction bars, NEW TIRES & WHEELS, BEARINGS, SEALS, & STAINLESS BEARING BUDDYS. Very nice trailer. Asking $1150. I forgot also brand new spare tire.

I've got to agree with Hypertxer on the Sno-Pro. I've had mine for 3 seasons now with no problems and I do some serious traveling. Plus, here in the Northeast, they are readily available. I have a 10 ft. but, if I were buying new I'd go with the 12 ft. If you'd like a price from my dealer up here let me know. Always great to get up to Maine isn't it? ;)!

Go with the best either Triton or Floe with their lid, the Floe has the advantage of having the struts for the lid mounted off the floor so you have full width entire length. If not Floe check the distance between the strut bases at the front of trailer as a few inches narrower than at back. My preference is a drive on/off as tilts get you filthy and are not as structually sound plus go 12'.

Jim

I've had good luck with SLED BED trailers and Blizzard clam. Really light and can't beat it for the price.

Back