• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What can I do to get more power????? (besides a turbo)

TomKat

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 SCAPEX
How can I get additional power gains without adding a turbo? While I'd LOVE to have a turbo, the cost just doesn't pencil at this time. I'm interested in other options that can increase the power but have a good "Bang for the Buck" return that I can afford. Also, are said available addons really worth the $$$ or are they just snake oil? Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks!!

Your best bet would be to call Ulmer racing and talk to Allan. I have his air box,PC111 and a timing key but i would go with his ignition box instead of the key, Very noticeable gain's and you could also go with a clutch kit. Allan can set you up and you won't be disappointed. kviper

niko said:
For my apex mtn added a yoshi rs-3 pipe, air box, pc111 and lost weight, big difference.

HEY!! Are you calling me fat??? LOL!!! It wouldn't hurt me to lose a few though! So far I have done the air box mod (myself) & ported my track.

Of all the mods you've done so far, which one gave you the best return for the money?
Thanks!!

That looks pretty sweet :Rockon: !!! Still a bit outta my price league for now. =(

Thanks everyone for your responses so far! I have read a few other places as well as within this site that some are switching to a different spark plug and gaining a few ponies. Does anyone have personal knowledge of this to be true?
On a side note, I'm working with a new company out of Salt Lake City, UT that is developing new seats, snow excavating running boards, as well as vents for the main sleds of the big four manufactures. I'll post some pics and let you know how things turn out when I get my sled back. I'm very excited as the work I've seen so far looks "Top Notch"!

2XM3 said:
Gears..cheap and work great I run 18-43...very spunky

Did you notice much of an improvement climbing? At what altitude are you riding? I usualy ride at 5,500'-8,000' range. I just may have to try some new gears. Did you have to change your clutching after the gear swap? One thing I'm doing this year is changing the POS Maverick in for a Power Claw. I'm hoping this will help everywhere but still a little nervous that it could turn my sled into a trencher as it's an inch narrower.
Cheers!

The best thing you can do to a Apex is to go to a 15 wide track.

The Powder claw will float better than a mav anyway.

I am putting on a 153 by 15 wide Ch- extreme on mine That makes them

handle more like a sled instead of a truck ;)!

Back