• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What do you do for storage?

kritter5150

Extreme
just wondering what you guys do to your machines before storing and where do you store? i plan on having oil changed. fuel stabilizer. greased. battery put on battery tender and the whole sled getting a good once over and replace anything that needs replacing. plan on storing inside my trailer in a shed.

so what do you guys/girls? do?

kritter5150 said:
just wondering what you guys do to your machines before storing and where do you store? i plan on having oil changed. fuel stabilizer. greased. battery put on battery tender and the whole sled getting a good once over and replace anything that needs replacing. plan on storing inside my trailer in a shed.

so what do you guys/girls? do?

Everything you said will work. Maybe take the belt off and stick steel wool into your exhaust to keep mice away. Make sure you can get it out...lol...

Studroes144 said:
Storage?..I just went out this morning and the snow on tug hill is still waist deep..u guys should be trailering those sleds up here and get a couple more weeks of riding lol.

Ya, thanks for rubbing it in!! ;):D

YamahaTim said:
Studroes144 said:
Storage?..I just went out this morning and the snow on tug hill is still waist deep..u guys should be trailering those sleds up here and get a couple more weeks of riding lol.

Ya, thanks for rubbing it in!! ;):D

My birthday is this weekend and me and my wife have made a point to get away for a few days around this time cuz it's usually not nice weather.. We r heading south for the weekend..thinking I should have postponed it for 1 more week lol today may have been my last ride unfortunately but we will see what next week brings. They stop grooming the trails as of April first and it shows..it was pretty rough today and we have warm weather comin so the smooth trail days are all over lol looks like I'll be going thru the sad time of storage like most everyone else

Studroes144 said:

seriously? how far are you from buffalo?

I feel your pain "Stud" we still have over 4' in the UP and we are getting another dump tonight through Saturday of over 1-1/2 ft. It would make for great play time with the XTX. Trails are still open till the 15th, just no more groomers.

I have too much work backing up on me and I am nursing a cracked rib from an off trail excursion 2 weeks ago and I think I need surgery on my right wrist after launching the XTX over a frozen snow plow embankment and landing nose first on hard pack 5 wks ago. I cannot even hold a beer in my right hand - lucky I am ambidextrous :drink:

Boy this has been an expensive winter of playing :o|

Yamadog said:
kritter5150 said:
Yamadog said:
Well you can do all that and........ summer is a great time to add BOOST :Rockon:

already done. had mcx turbo since the day i picked it up

You can always take er up a notch :-o 6 is nice 10 is orgasmic

i bet it is. but doubt i can with the mcx kit. besides i gotta get my pro street chopper ready to ride

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 75
Yes you can on the MCX buuuuuut if I had that to ride I would forget all about the sled :Rockon:

That looks like you took it up a bunch of notches

kritter5150 said:
Studroes144 said:

seriously? how far are you from buffalo?

Ya 3 1/2-4 hours. If you don't mind riding rough trails there will be decent riding for a solid 2 weeks on tug hill. A lot of down trees today from some real heavy snow we got over the weekend. Crossed wetstone gulf reservoir today and it was as nice as it's been all year. All the crazy intoxicated drivers have packed it in for the year so the trails are wide open. Did 45 miles this morning and didn't meet a single sled just seen a group of 2 sittin at an intersection. I too am hoping for some boost over the summer..just sold my crotch rocket with that in mind so we will see if I can slip this one past my wife and buddies this summer lol my dealer has an mpi kit on his shelf just waiting to drop some cash off to him so he holds it for me

Stud just use the 48 hr rule! if you have it for 2 days and they ask about it you say that thing ive had it for a while ;)!

Back