• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Have You Done To Your Nytro Today ?

toyota4runner said:
Because of the analog tachometer it makes clutch tuning much easier and more precise

^Bingo. I also like the sweep of a needle tach, tells you so much more how the engine/clutching is running. Even the clock makes it worth it. And you get 2 trips A and B.
I set A for each trip, and B is my yearly mileage and never gets reset.
And when I'm going through the trails and I look down, in about 1/2 a second I can see my RPM and speed. The Nytro gauge made me dizzy with all those numbers scrambling around. What a POS design.

auto2665 said:
The speedo is a plug n play item? Where does the clock wire get plugged into?

Add a pin and wire to the existing nytro connector above the brown wire. Wire it to +12 constant.

Switched my tour buddy to a trail tank to gain some extra storage area on the back.

put new carbides on last night for todays trip

two 6" snow trackers and two 4" yammie outers....I was truly amazed at home much of a difference good carbides makes, unreal.....actually handles !! (oft helps too ! )

put a good 250 km's on today

Installed oft relocation.
Went to change exhaust doughnuts that I thought we're leaking... Only to discover the clutch side flex pipe was cracked. Booooerns!

Flex pipe ordered from port yamaha... Copper doughnuts ready to go back in.

I totaled my Nytro by hitting a big rock at 70 M.P.H after it decided to 'dart' to the right and sending me off the hard pack and into the powder. Thus hitting the big rock and flying over the bars! I just got home from having my neck and back examined at the emergency room as I type this...

So Thats what I did to my Nytro today. Or more precisely, what it did to me!

I'm really starting to reconsider owning and riding Yamaha sleds. These have to be some of the worst handling snowmobiles in the history of snowmobiling!

This Nytro almost killed me today. And I'm being totally serious.

I totaled my Nytro by hitting a big rock at 70 M.P.H after it decided to 'dart' to the right and sending me off the hard pack and into the powder. Thus hitting the big rock and flying over the bars! I just got home from having my neck and back examined at the emergency room as I type this...

So Thats what I did to my Nytro today. Or more precisely, what it did to me!

I'm really starting to reconsider owning and riding Yamaha sleds. These have to be some of the worst handling snowmobiles in the history of snowmobiling!

This Nytro almost killed me today. And I'm being totally serious.

Got up this morning to find 3 inches of fresh powder. Looked at my sled and got out my snowblower. Helped a buddy decorate a hall for his wedding. Will be doing the wedding thing tomorrow. Maybe Sunday.

I tied a sled to my Nyrto (7200mi untouched except dupont slides and tuner skis) and pulled my daughter and her friend all over the place with no worries of burning anything up and they didn't stink when I was done pulling them.

Then I went for a rip with my neighbor (2000 Yammie 700 Vmax w/5k that has not been touched except maintenance since new) for 50+ miles....I ride in front...lol

All day never worried once about my sled breaking down...I do need gas after riding for a few days in a row. :4STroke:

Man I love this sled....

^kms or miles? big difference but either way that's a bunch!

i'm hoping to get out today....we got like a foot of snow last night.....with spots about 3 feet deep due to wind..i want to go play but no one is around :(

Back