• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What helmet style do you ride with?

Helmet Style

• Full Face or Modular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Open/ MX Style

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nice tip on the chapstick...those snaps can be tough at times. Here is another tip for the Mod 2. Make sure you check (once in a while) to see if the half dollar size (in the picture) screw/bolt that locks the shield to the face is tight/screwed all the way in. Mine backed out the other night but lucky enough it fell (out of the helmet) right into my lap. That would of made for a long ride home for sure...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 88

MCApex44 said:
Nice tip on the chapstick...those snaps can be tough at times. Here is another tip for the Mod 2. Make sure you check (once in a while) to see if the half dollar size (in the picture) bolt that locks the shield to the face is tight/screwed all the way in. Mine backed out the other night but lucky enough it fell (out of the helmet) right into my lap. That would of made for a long ride home for sure...

Yep I should've mentioned that tip also. 2 weeks ago I lost that screw while riding and it was early in the day. Surprisingly the shield didn't flop around much and I didn't have any fogging issues.. but I lost that screw plus the plastic clip underneath. Bottom line, is that you have to buy 2 different replacement kits to get all the parts you need, which cost me about $40. The plus side is I now have enough spare parts to do one side if something similar happens in the future. If I remember to pack my spare parts LOL.

Mx for daytime rides and if availible i have the trusty original modular BRP helmet for really cold, and night riding. Never fogs but it is heavy and sight lines arent as good as the mx.

I have 4 helmets;
Mod-skidoo, my favorite. gone thru 2 heated shields, both fog up completely, I have to leave it open, so now I have a frost bite scar around my right eye.

BVS2-I cannot wear, just 2 small. MY wife and anyone else riding with me. They do not have a fogging issue.

HJC full face-heated shield- again fogs up like not heated at all.

Acrtic Cat Modular/sno cross-heated shield-just sucks, leaks badly, fogs up.

In my experience, no heated shield works. this has been a concern of mine as to wether I want to continue in the sport.

smalltownpower said:
509 Evolution helmet and 509 Sinnister Black Ops goggles, or 509 Aviator goggles. no wind, warm even -25 celcius. havent fogged up once n 3 years

Smalltown- are the Aviators worth the extra cost in your opinion?

HJC with Scott goggles. I had the helmet and goggles thrown in with the sled when I bought it. Seems to ice up -15c and colder really easy. I bought an extra cheap pair of 509's to switch when one ices up. Next season I would like to upgrade goggles. Anyone give me advice on what to buy? I am done with cheap junk but don't want to spend money on something that doesnt work or just because it say's Oakley or Fox on it.

Dual purpose KBC snx helmet i got a decade ago.No issues with fogging and can convert from full sheild helmet to SX helmet(oakley O-frame gogles work great with this).Last year i brought a ZOX corsa R full face helmet.The past week riding i find its fogging up the faster i go.No issues when i stop.May have to postion the breath guard better for sealing.Love the look of the helmet(and dual rating is a major plus).

I use both... full face electric when it's -20c or colder.... MX and goggles when it's warmer than that...prefer the MX helmet...get bloody cold in Manitoba!!!

Back