• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

509 helmet review

yamahas said:
I would probably get something like that also but i mean my glasses fogging up and how the goggles fit over glasses.
Scott OTG (over the glasses) with a blue amp turbo-flow lens. Wear a neoprene half mask. If you wear a full one, your glasses will fog. Sometimes it just takes a little messing around with the mask to hit the right one, but this will work for you. I don't have a breath box, never did.

I have the 509 helmet and also the 509 goggles (sinisters) and went out with the the first tie this past weekend during the day it was cold but not terrible and they were ok at best still a little fogging (im also wearing a klim blacava)

went out that night and had constant fogging issues had to stop a bunch of times and use my exhaust to unfog them......

i wasnt impressed by the goggles at all the helmet is nice and conmfy but for all ity cost me for this set up my old hjc and oakley goggles i feel do a better job

jmo

I also have the 509 helmet and Aviators goggles, I have been out in plus temps down to -30c and have never seen a any fog on my goggles at all. Look awesome as well.....I am from Canada and I got mine from the website as well. That being said my local stealer has 509 stuff as well.

i have 5 sets of 509 sinister googles and like them alot.. also rocking the 509 helmet.. its a good quality piece.. i am selling 2 pairs of their google and 2 pairs of scott 89xi goggles.. $50 USD each includes shipping in the USA and Canada...if anyone is interested pm me.. i can send pics..all of the goggles are in brand new condition.. selling because i dont really need 8 pairs of goggles..lol.. at least thats what the wife says..

My wife wears the 509 combo and NEVER complains of cold or fog!
2011ridingpics015.jpg

2011ridingpics016.jpg

Guys make sure your pulling your straps TIGHT, this will force the goggles and the foam to seal up with your face. I have a different setup scott/F4 and wear glasses and only fog up when I remove my goggles and glasses at a stop but it clears instantly when moving.

I wear either the true no fog balaclava and headband from royal distributing in canada:

http://www.royaldistributing.com/main/i ... eNumber=58

page 59

or

I also have the ski doo mountian balaclava:

http://www.skidoooutlet.com/store/pc/Sk ... 3p5505.htm

It does not matter what helmet you have or what goggles you use when it is cold if condensation from your nose and mouth(hot breath) reaches your cold goggles you will fog.

I have tried ever single balaclava made. I wear nothing but klim clothing. But in my opinion their balaclava will not block your breath to the same extent as the two balaclavas mentioned above. I have riden all winter from 0 celcius to -30 and never fogged once with these balaclavas. just make sure when you put your helmet on that the seal is good and the balaclava is covering your nose and the goggles rest on top of that.

Unless you seal your eyebox seperately from your nose and mouth you will fog!!

stopdropanroll said:
Guys make sure your pulling your straps TIGHT, this will force the goggles and the foam to seal up with your face. I have a different setup scott/F4 and wear glasses and only fog up when I remove my goggles and glasses at a stop but it clears instantly when moving.

100% agree. also, keeping the Balaclava (I have a covert and arctiva) nose covering outside of the goggle frames help a ton with fogging. If you happen to have your nose all cobered up, it vents all your breath into your goggles. I leave my balaclava just under my nose, and havent had any fogging issues that didnt go away within 50 yards of rolling again.

I had the problem with them fogging up after I used the goggles after half the season... I was getting terrible fogging problems. Turns out my strap had loosed up. I tightened the strap up tight again and all my fogging issues disappeared. This is in 0deg F weather as well. Just make sure they are tighter than you think and they should seal up well.

I am looking at buying one of these helmets and probably polarized sinister goggles.

Can one of you guys that own one tell me how much of an ear pocket there is in the helmet? I am using some headphone speakers for music in my old KBC helmet and they fit perfect and I want to use them on my new helmet. They are about 2.5" in diameter and about 3/4" thick.

Thanks!
Jeff

Didn't John Madden refer to this as the the "Ear hole"?
"Grabed him right in the ear hole". Guess you had to be there?

Back