• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is lighter M-10 or ExpertX

Go with the X. I think it is the perfect skid. It was everything I had hoped it would be and more.

without doing any research on this i would go 98 or 144 up the center did u search this subject and read the paragrapoh to left of search words u put in the words AND make a big difference in choices Thanks newbee ;)! lol and i dont mean u keith

DaveyBoy said:
Does anyone know exact weights of each and I need to ask again what is the best way to go LB anyone refresh my memory

Not exact weight on the X, but you'll swear the sled is 100 lbs. lighter, out-of the hole.

Come on DaveyBoy! Snow is falling, and you still don't have your mind made up yet! LOL :tg:

Trust me on this. Go with the 136" X. The transfer adjustment and tunability of this skid is AWESOME! As far as ride quality: So far it's pretty good. (still tuning) It's easy to install by yourself too. I proved this by removing it this weekend. You can get this thing in and out of the track so fast, it'll blow your mind.

As for studding. I went with 162 (3/belt) up the middle (Woody's long-track template). So far so good. But one thing you ABSOLUTELY MUST DO! Install 1/4" X 1" alum. strips over the existing strips on front cooler and the tunnel. I had clearance but you can run the track so loose on this skid that it will balloon and scratch the cooler and exhaust heat shield - and that's just from straight-line acceleration runs. Haven't had a chance to test the top-end yet, but me likes what me sees! :Rockon:

EX, PERT...EX,PERT... :Rockon:

Finally, some feed back on studs. I've been looking around and can't find much advice about studding the 136. Thats why I wanted to hear it from the guys who have done it. Any reason for not putting studs on the outside? As for the tunnel protection, I planned on doing as much as possible. I'm doing the job at my buddies house. He builds and races super mods so he'll be able to fabricate anything I need.

I also studded up the middle but went with a 2-4-2-4 pattern. I added the extra strip to the tunnel protectors right off the bat too. This setup works great. Studding the outside of the track is were you would experience more tear outs. Also, the sled will push more with the 136 track.

Back