• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what is the best clutch kit

clutch kit

I just installed and Ulmer kit on my Vector and it is by far the best upgrade I have done to any of my sleds. Great product and customer support.

Re: clutch kit

punchtech said:
I just installed and Ulmer kit on my Vector and it is by far the best upgrade I have done to any of my sleds. Great product and customer support.

While I don't own an Ulmer kit, everybody seems to love them, and I've called Allen 2X about his kit and clutching in general and he has always taken all the time needed to answer my questions completely. THat's worth a lot to me!! ;)!

what do you get (specifically) with this kit? what does it do to engagement rpm and rpm on top? i just checked them out. $375. seems like a lot for that. maybe cause its a 4 stroke? i never had more than $200. in a 2 stroke clutch.

depends whitch one you go with. he has 2 kits for the same sled. one only does the primary. the other you get all new springs and helix set up for your application.

mine was bolt in and ride, no adjustment nessasary. going to be calling him in the fall for one for dad's new sx venture.

swmichvector said:
what do you get (specifically) with this kit? what does it do to engagement rpm and rpm on top? i just checked them out. $375. seems like a lot for that. maybe cause its a 4 stroke? i never had more than $200. in a 2 stroke clutch.

The clutch kit uses Supertips weights which are expensive alone. The Stage 2 consists of the Supertips, primary spring, secondary spring, and a new custom-cut helix. The helix that Yamahas use are more expensive than most since they have to include the outer clutch bushing.

Pioneer kit for the 3 holer is good as well - weights, springs and helix - massive upgrade for my sons 06 nytro.

Back