• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the easiest,cheapest way to 10 more hp, for my apex

Trig 313

looking for some opinions on the easiest cheapest way to get my apex to 160 horse power. My 06 apex gt is compleatly stock. Your susgestions would be great.

The simplest thing to do is add a Yamacharger about $2,000 and it works, adds about 20 hp and 8-10 MPH on hard pack. Very simple to do. Everything else you are probably just wasting your money and you will never really notice the gains.

Re: What is the easiest,cheapest way to 10 more hp, for my a

Trig 313 said:
looking for some opinions on the easiest cheapest way to get my apex to 160 horse power. My 06 apex gt is compleatly stock. Your susgestions would be great.

...YAMACHARGER @2 LBS Boost for 2K And Add 20HP :Rockon:

Yamacharger will work, but I did the following:
Installed the CR10EK plugs ($40 or less)
Modified the crank trigger for more spark advance (free)
Modified my airbox (free)
Adjusted my fueling via the dash (free)
I put synthetic oil in when I did an oil change and went through the sled 'blueprinting' as much of it as I could.

Before this, my Ulmer clutching was spot on. After, it overreved pretty bad so I know it was making more power. I put 2-4 sleds on another Apex now that used to run right next to me.

I did all these mods too,but not the spark advance since I was worried about gas in Canada when I travel there. Had to add weigh to my Ulmer clutch kit after the mods too. My sled is definately faster and quicker than the stockers around here. There are also many things you can do to the track and drivetrain that will get more hp to the ground....

RunninRX1 said:
Yamacharger will work, but I did the following:
Installed the CR10EK plugs ($40 or less)
Modified the crank trigger for more spark advance (free)
Modified my airbox (free)
Adjusted my fueling via the dash (free)
I put synthetic oil in when I did an oil change and went through the sled 'blueprinting' as much of it as I could.

Before this, my Ulmer clutching was spot on. After, it overreved pretty bad so I know it was making more power. I put 2-4 sleds on another Apex now that used to run right next to me.
Where can I find instructions to do the crank trigger advance? When I looked at fuel increase it was for low end only. Do you have something else?

Are you studded? If not stud it with at least 144 long studs and it will feel like you spent a pile of cash on the motor. Studs, clutching and suspension settings are a great place to start, and fairly cheap. If you are set there, give ulmer a call he has lots of performance parts for your sled.

I don't see the yamacharger the the ulmer site, were would you get such a animal...Is it just a bolt on part or is there alot of messing around

Also is the yamacharger going to affect my reliability..? My sled is flawless, I mean showroom with 5000 miles on it....I have never had a motor problem, so i'm a little worried about a modification like this but I'm sick of being beat up by a 800r...

Thanks for the advice, I'm really thinking of ordering the yamacharger...just have to figure out how to get it past my wife.!

I too am interested in this timing advance...pictures would be nice.

Also dose anyone on this site have any experence with the yamacharger looks pretty simple not too complicated,,wonder why yamaha dosn't put it on there 2011 model.? I'm sure it would fit into there profit margin! for each sled..!!

Trig 313 said:
Thanks for the advice, I'm really thinking of ordering the yamacharger...just have to figure out how to get it past my wife.!

I too am interested in this timing advance...pictures would be nice.

Also dose anyone on this site have any experence with the yamacharger looks pretty simple not too complicated,,wonder why yamaha dosn't put it on there 2011 model.? I'm sure it would fit into there profit margin! for each sled..!!

dont even get us started.....AGAIN

There are lots of threads on the yamacharger on here. Im planning on ordering mine in the spring from SimmonsCPR, who is distributing them for G force...

This is what I am doing to get it by my wife, since I promised I would not modify this sled (after I spent $6000 on my turbo RX-1, she wouldn't let me buy another sled if she thought I was gunna do that again.... lol)
I have direct deposit that deposits $250 in my savings account with every pay check. Im up to $1200 right now, Just another $1000 and I'll be ordering and she will never miss the money... When I get the charger and she sees it and the usual "How much did you spend on that" comes out of her mouth... I'll look her in the eye and lie my #*$&@ off... "honey I got a deal on it, I paid $150 and they are normally $295" "It was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up..." and she'll leave me alone and never mention it again...

Thats my plan.... lol...

Back