• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the easiest,cheapest way to 10 more hp, for my apex

Very clever, never thougt of that, I am going to the bean counter at work today to set my direct deposit up...! I also "skim" some off the top each check, and for this purchase I will have a single buddy of my use his credit card and then I will pay him cash and she will never know the differnence..!! LOL works every time..!

RunninRX1 said:
Yamacharger will work, but I did the following:
Installed the CR10EK plugs ($40 or less)
Modified the crank trigger for more spark advance (free)
Modified my airbox (free)
Adjusted my fueling via the dash (free)
I put synthetic oil in when I did an oil change and went through the sled 'blueprinting' as much of it as I could.

Before this, my Ulmer clutching was spot on. After, it overreved pretty bad so I know it was making more power. I put 2-4 sleds on another Apex now that used to run right next to me.

how do you modify the crank trigger?

camoman said:
any instructions on the pieces you need to build your own turbo for a apex?

you could just look in the TY Classifieds for a Turbo Housing, Header, Intercooler, Charge Tube, Exhaust, Modded Gas Tank, Fuel Controller, Gauges & Clutching and then do the pluming and electrical :flag:

Easiest and cheapest way to get 10+hp is to do what these guys suggested,or go TIGHTEN your buddys 800R track real tight when he ain't lookin>then race him<lol... :flag: :drink:

Kit

Trig 313 said:
Also is the yamacharger going to affect my reliability..? My sled is flawless, I mean showroom with 5000 miles on it....I have never had a motor problem, so i'm a little worried about a modification like this but I'm sick of being beat up by a 800r...

I was one of the first to get one of does yamcharger and my sled is also showroom with 6000 miles.Here are some pics.I only would of installed this kit if it would of been reliable.Now let me tell you it is really reliable .Had it WOT for 18 miles on hard pack and blow my belt but the rest of the sled was perfect. The belt blow because at one time or a nother the belt will get to hot and come appart.They can only last so long... at WOT.But the Cat that was trying to past me also blow a belt about 5 miles it the race lol...

Attachments

• PERRY-COMEAU-long[1].jpg
    PERRY-COMEAU-long[1].jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 106
Re: Kit

helmic said:
Trig 313 said:
Also is the yamacharger going to affect my reliability..? My sled is flawless, I mean showroom with 5000 miles on it....I have never had a motor problem, so i'm a little worried about a modification like this but I'm sick of being beat up by a 800r...

I was one of the first to get one of does yamcharger and my sled is also showroom with 6000 miles.Here are some pics.I only would of installed this kit if it would of been reliable.Now let me tell you it is really reliable .Had it WOT for 18 miles on hard pack and blow my belt but the rest of the sled was perfect. The belt blow because at one time or a nother the belt will get to hot and come appart.They can only last so long... at WOT.But the Cat that was trying to past me also blow a belt about 5 miles it the race lol...
What was your engine temp after 18mi WOT..

Back