• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the most reliable turn key boost kit?

The website I can find on them isn't very good. Is there somewhere else I can do some reading on MCX?

well, I am NOT a basher...nor is this meant as negative against MCX or others...

it is ALL in the install...without naming a brand...one of the largest turbo companies...with the number one installer in the US for that company...installed my friends, and they managed to stick the fuel line right on top of a certain VERY hot device, and fortunately for him, he smelled the fuel leak prior to combustion...

their only response..."wow, cool, good catch"...and he paid a significant chunk of change for the install...took time off work to drive it to them to do the install...

moral of the story...there are good installs and bad installs...there are good turbos and bad turbos...but rarely is the brand the issue...it is the installer...

Been using MCX for 5 seasons. They have all been gas and go.....touch wood. Have thought of trying others but I just hate to give up the reliability, do your own homework get a good install and be happy.

mtdream said:
It would be worth the drive to take it to Ulmers or drop it off for a day on a trip out west, and have MCX-USA install a kit for you...

Not really sure what you meant by "MCX-USA". I assume you meant an MCX Dealer in the USA. MCX-USA is http://www.mcx-usa.com/ is a distributor or MCXpress Kits for the UTV market. MCX-USA is owned by the same owners of www.haboost.com located in Colorado and i believe an advertiser on this site. They did my MCX Install.

Low boost kits: MCX gets my vote. I've never seen or ridden an Ulmer/NW kit. What I have read is very positive. Kits directly from MPI are a joke. If you want to go that route you need to work with an installer who has done the R&D for MPI (i've heard Hartman is good)

High Boost: MCX or Impulse. I ride an MCX and my buddy rides an Implulse. Both great kits. I'm on my second MCX (Apex and Nytro) I'd love to try Alpine some day.

I also agree with what is said above. If this is your first rodeo on a turbo have a professional install it. It will save you lots of headaches. You can mess with your kit later, after you have some seat time.

sledskiing said:
mtdream said:
It would be worth the drive to take it to Ulmers or drop it off for a day on a trip out west, and have MCX-USA install a kit for you...

Not really sure what you meant by "MCX-USA". I assume you meant an MCX Dealer in the USA. MCX-USA is http://www.mcx-usa.com/ is a distributor or MCXpress Kits for the UTV market. MCX-USA is owned by the same owners of www.haboost.com located in Colorado and i believe an advertiser on this site. They did my MCX Install.

Sorry, did not mean to cause confusion...

http://www.montanayamaha.com/mcxpress-turbo.htm

this is whom I meant...I am sure there are other great builders...my only point is go to a VERY good one!!!

Back