• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the number one reason you bought the Sidewinder

Been waiting patiently for the Apex replacement for the last few years. Was hoping for Apex engine in a new chassis or factory turbo Apex. This was the closest thing to it. Almost considered jumping ship, but the Sidewinder saved the day. Would've considered the Thundercat too, but with Yamaha clutches and ecu, went with the sidewinder.

I think its because I have a sickness...

But the technology that they incorporated into this sled was too hard for me to pass up. Plus they made a model (XTX 137 LE) that I have been wanting for a long time. Only thing I didn't get was the mountain seat, have my fingers crossed that it will be a production run change.

I think the new sidewinders look badass and the technology incorporated into the engine package is unlike anything we've seen yet in a sled. The shock package on the LTX LE and the heavy duty rear suspension really sweetened the deal for me and helped me pull the trigger. I also always said that once I have 10,000 miles on my Apex I'd be thinking hard about another. Although I still love my Apex and am thinking hard about keeping it along with the new Sidewinder. This is going to be a long summer! (especially considering I have my new sled as my computer background on one of my monitors at work so I torture myself every single day....)
:sled1:

What is the number one reason you bought the Sidewinder...

I ponied up because I believe we'll never see another OEM come up with a motor package with this much technology, reliability and horsepower in the snowmobile industry.

What is the number one reason you bought the Sidewinder...

I ponied up because I believe we'll never see another OEM come up with a motor package with this much technology, reliability and horsepower in the snowmobile industry.
I think it all depends if the New Yamaha motor is a hit and sells. Fourstrokes are the future of trail riding. It's amazing how many more Fourstrokes are on the trails compared to just 5 yrs ago. The snowmobiling public that rides is aging and they want a gas and go reliable long lasting sled. People don't have time or patience for blown up 2 strokes. Yes they will always have their place but the better these fourstroke sleds get the more demand there will be for other manufacturers to follow suit.

One reason, just like my 4 previous Yamaha 4 strokes no matter how hard you push it and as long as it's got oil and antifreeze in it the motor will never die. Really there are many reasons but you just can't go wrong with 13 consecutive seasons and over 30,000 miles (all machines total) and all I've ever done is change the oil!

I think it all depends if the New Yamaha motor is a hit and sells. Fourstrokes are the future of trail riding. It's amazing how many more Fourstrokes are on the trails compared to just 5 yrs ago. The snowmobiling public that rides is aging and they want a gas and go reliable long lasting sled. People don't have time or patience for blown up 2 strokes. Yes they will always have their place but the better these fourstroke sleds get the more demand there will be for other manufacturers to follow suit.
I think this is all going to hinge on if... tighter emissions controls come down on the snowmobile industry. Tighter emissions generally means less horsepower in the short term. Until the industry can adapt.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

YAMAHA DEPENDABILITY! SICK OF FIXING THE CAT TURBO. LIKE HAVING A 10YR OLD SLED AGAIN. WANT TO TURN KEY AND GO JUST LIKE ALL MY YAMAHA RIDING FRIENDS.

I think this is all going to hinge on if... tighter emissions controls come down on the snowmobile industry. Tighter emissions generally means less horsepower in the short term. Until the industry can adapt.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
ECU can be tuned for power now

Back