• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is this wire for?

Vector88

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 rs vector 159
i am wondering what the wire by the sending unit for the tank is for ? It's capped off with a connector just wasn't sure if this was for a accessorie or not. Pic below image.jpeg

Yes, you can wire the Yamaha cigarette plug to it. I have my ride lite wires into it.

There is a 3A fuse in your fuse block that powers this lead. I heated shield and cell phone charger will blow the 3A fuse.

There is a 3A fuse in your fuse block that powers this lead. I heated shield and cell phone charger will blow the 3A fuse.

Well that's poop. What could we bump it up to without it torching the electrical system? 5a? I was looking into picking one up for mine so I have a plug handy if need be but screw that if it's a liability to the system.

Well that's poop. What could we bump it up to without it torching the electrical system? 5a? I was looking into picking one up for mine so I have a plug handy if need be but screw that if it's a liability to the system.

I've run both a 5A and 7.5A without issues. I should have stated that a shield and phone charger will blow the 3A about 75% of the time. A 5A has never blown on me. I added a GPS to the system and bumped it to 7.5A which I know is overkill.

IMO - the wiring in that circuit is plenty heavy to handle it and more.

What year & model is this on? Can't say I have this on my 05 or 14 Vectors. What we have been referring to is on the LH side of the sled when one is sitting on it. What you're showing is on the RH side correct?

Back