• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What spark plugs should I be using?

littleredsled

Extreme
what plugs is everyone useing iv been told use the stock NGK cr9ek but also the cr10ek cuz they burn better so im just trying to decide witch to use or not and people say the 10s add more hp.....
thanks

Re: plugs

littleredsled said:
what plugs is everyone useing iv been told use the stock NGK cr9ek but also the cr10ek cuz they burn better so im just trying to decide witch to use or not and people say the 10s add more hp.....
thanks

The "10's" add 2-3 HP on Dyno. :Rockon:

littleredsled said:
sweet thanks man
You may want to buy them from Ulmers. They don't come with the screw on alum caps that is required. The other option is if you have some old screw top plugs laying around that you can use. The stock plugs are solid top so you can't use those. :4STroke:

and i dont know if i wanna go all the way to ulmer for that i live in sask and the dollar is way up if the dolar was about even or even less i would but id be paying more to get them from ulmer then i would to buy them here

littleredsled said:
here they are 15 a plug just cheacked it out at the main part store around here
OUCH! 15 bucks Verses 7 . someone is making alot a Cing ,ya think? I got mine at napa auto parts.

Does the difference in heat range affect anything as i believe these are a colder plug but have a dual ground electrode. Does this cause problems in cold starting?

I ran the CR10EK's all of last season which included several below zero morning start-ups with no problems whatsoever.

Most guys know this already but it is still worth mentioning that you have to let these engines fully warm up before shutting them off to avoid "cold fouling" the plugs.

Blue Dave said:
Most guys know this already but it is still worth mentioning that you have to let these engines fully warm up before shutting them off to avoid "cold fouling" the plugs.

Never hear of "Cold Fowling" before. Never had it happen on my carbed or fuelie sleds. Care to explain that a bit? One is never too old to learn something new. I do know that you bring them up to operating temperature to exercise the seals, coat the internals with oil and drive off internal moisture. These are all good reasons to bring it up to operating temp before shutting it off. Also, the battery is fully recharged from the start. But, "cold fowling?"

Actually, it sounds good for -45 degree starts the next morning. :)

Back