• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what to expect?

3 things must be done for a bulletproof driveline and are a must IMO.

1. Barn of Parts Shaft saver wedge. Anti Seize on the wedge and tq to 50 ft lbs min. I've been going 60-65 if they have any miles on. And do it ASAP!
2. Chain tensioner screws tack welded to prevent loosening and coming out at first chain case oil change if not sooner.
3. A Hurricane roller bearing top gear replacement, Or the DMC bushing top gear replacement. The stock bushing will be worn and on it way out at the first chain case oil change as well.
Thanks

I bought the winder because last year my buddy lent me his thundercat for a northen Quebec tour and abosolutly fell in love with the motor and
I wanted the big lug longer track version. This motor rocks and can't wait to get it broke in so I can really start to squeeze it.
Start squeezing it now!

I have the 2020 xtx se with 2.0 lug. I'm about 255lbs without gear. I needed the center spring to be stronger, I ended up getting a stingray spring. I sucked in the limiter strap all the way and loosened up the front springs a ton. (since you won't have quite the same traction, the center limiter strap home might work well for you) I also played with a few skis and ended up with the kimpex stealth ski. I really like how mine handles, close to perfect as I have ever experienced.

I have the 2020 xtx se with 2.0 lug. I'm about 255lbs without gear. I needed the center spring to be stronger, I ended up getting a stingray spring. I sucked in the limiter strap all the way and loosened up the front springs a ton. (since you won't have quite the same traction, the center limiter strap home might work well for you) I also played with a few skis and ended up with the kimpex stealth ski. I really like how mine handles, close to perfect as I have ever experienced.
I see your from Sask, so do you ride mostly open feilds and terrain or do you guys ride a far share of grommmed trails?
I was contiplating the SE model but thought the LE was a better choice for me.

Yep, the sooner the better. In my experience, this has resulted in a stronger motor long term.
Right on ,I'm down with that ,I guess break in is over letter rip
So what's you opion on when it's safe to turn up the boost?

I see your from Sask, so do you ride mostly open feilds and terrain or do you guys ride a far share of grommmed trails?
I was contiplating the SE model but thought the LE was a better choice for me.
I have lots of both, I prefer the groomed trails, but sometime you just have to ride on what is available. There is nothing quite like floating and chewing up pillows if fresh powder, but you have to catch it before it gets to hard or blows away lol

i'm still playing with suspension adjustments, I bouhgt a adjustable limiter strap to be able to weight the skis as condotions change but so far ,I'm missing my curve-xs that were on my crossfire
Curves and slim jims, soft front, kinda sloppy, stiff front rear susp. shock...this works well for me. slide back on the seat for high speed stuff...steering is light, no surprises, slide up where it pushes you anyway, for playing racer, bumps, tight woods, and use the throttle to steer...good bite when you feather it and hear the engine burble, then throttle to lighten the front and slide the back out. Since the snow constantly changes here from dirt and leaves to packed groomed trails and loose sugar, I become the adjustable package, not the sled. Took me a few years but it is an absolute blast now and stays flat, but handling changes as I do. Works for me. Curves will steer harder in some conditions, but when others push on loose snow, the curves keep you out of the trees.

My LTX works well that way too!

Right on ,I'm down with that ,I guess break in is over letter rip
So what's you opion on when it's safe to turn up the boost?

As in a tune? I've heard some tune from day 1. Personally I'd wait until ~500 miles. Gives it a chance to break in and get the first service done. With that, I feel like I'm in the minority leaving it stock.

Back