• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What track to buy if not studding?

Snowman35

Extreme
Country
USA
need opinions on replacing the old but still okay factory ripsaw that I received when I bought the apex er in 2007. I ride on marginal snow conditions here on the east coast. I'm an agreesive rider that also does the hill climb racers at the end of the riding season. I prefer not to stud my track. Is there any suggestions and price ranges someone can help me out with please thanx.

I really like my 1.25 Ice-Ripper xt ! 16 scratch lines,and i believe 260 pre-molded studs! lugs are just a little stiffer than non pre-molded tracks.the track is NOT like a nailed/studded track at all. i get good traction & braking when icy.i will buy another in the future ! i think i payed $560 2 yrs ago

Ice-Ripper all the way! I have over 8000 miles on mine & it looks new. No ''stud'' worries & enough extra traction & stopping power for safety. This track is not "the best" at anything, but it's good at EVERYTHING!

I have a 1" x128 ice ripper track as well. 2 years old lost a lot of the carbide out of the steel stud or stud gone completely. I wouldn't buy another one for me. I'm an aggressive rider as well. As well when I had the ripsaw. (14,000km) and it was studded never had any over heat issues. In marginal snow and ice you don't get the snow thrown up like you would if studded. Ice scratchers would fix this I'm sure

Is nice though from a maintenance side though not worrying about your studs if you tear one out and put through heat exchnager

I have a ice attack xt. it is based off of the new ripsaw 2 and has the same little studs as the ice ripper, it has a better lug design and people say it is one of the best all around tracks and i love it so far. it hooks up on ice to give enough traction to not get stuck and gives you breaking power when there is ice.

x2 on the Ice Attack XT. I put one on this year and so far it's working great! Much better than the stock Ripsaw.

Just put an Ice Ripper on mine. I HATE studs and the damage they can do - hopefully, this will not be an issue with this track. I haven't rode it yet so I'm hopeful.

Depends where you ride but if snow cover is good I like the Cobra alot on the Apex or Attak sleds. I haven't ridden an older Apex/Attak yet that has the Ripsaw II but it sure looks better than the standard Ripsaw.

How can you tell if your track is on its last days? I have some minor fraieing and the rubber studs are begining to wear off? Can i get one more year out of it at least? 4500 miles on this original track.

How can you tell if your track is on its last days? I have some minor fraieing and the rubber studs are begining to wear off? Can i get one more year out of it at least? 4500 miles on this original track.
I do believe you could get more than a year. As long as you don't have any rips or tears in it. A few lug missing is not a big deal. I had over 10k miles on my stock track.
Only changed it this year and was my fault as to the reasons I needed to change it.

Ice Attack XT ... love these tracks.
36867027-0fc9-4dc3-b456-c793d55d3faa.jpg

love my ice tech pre studded i went with the 1 inch lug to save weight and i dont miss the .25 at all I put this on my 07 gt and loved it so much that when i got the xtx i put one one with in the first 300 miles

I am running a turbo and even my pre stud would hit so I just put on 1.5 cross over on and I love it.

Back