• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What updates have Yamaha done to MY 09-11 over 08?

McM

Veteran
Now that I'm in the market for a Phazer again, I'd like to iron out all possible differences Yamaha made to 2009 and newer sleds over MY 2008. (RTX and MTX only since these are the only ones avaliable in Scandinavia.)

I'm only aware of the closed tunnel but when reading the forums I get the impresion that Yamaha have continously introduced updates and improvements. Even on the last two MY's.
Would appreciate any insight of what bits and pieces that's been changed.

Then regarding SW;
There was a local guy advertising his -08 stating that it had the SW updated to 2010 spec?! Does that make any sense to anyone?

Thanks.

I can't think of much but the rear shock was upgraded on the 09 mtx but still not revalvable I got this info from others on this site so thats a start.

I know for sure the pivot arm on the rear skid was on the 3rd generation for 2010, Yamaha part numbers will tell you whats upgraded by the last 2 numbers if its a -00 then its original from day 1 but if it has 01 on it then the part has been revised, possibly welded or gusseted somewhere.

09' suspension is beefed up quite a bit over the 07-08 design, looking at the parts list, the 09+ have the newest design which is on its 3rd redesign.

Ok, most updates seems related to (rear) suspension then.
What about engine and software?

Back