• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

whats best way to remove ohlin ec shock

ps4020

Extreme
I decided to change my spring on my ohlins ec shock in an 06 apex gt in the rear suspenstion, what is the easiest way to remove shock without removing skid?

Snip all the zip ties holding the EC shock harness to the front suspension arm. Crack the 14mm nut and bolt loose at the top and bottom of the sock. Remove the 14mm nuts from each of the bolts. Slide a jack or jack with chock under the rear bumper and lift rear of sled until suspension is "neutral" (i.e. it is not compressed at all or hanging). Once the suspension is neutral, there wil be no weight on the shock and the 14mm bolts will slide right out. You can unplug the shock at the shock body or follow the harness to behind your reverse lever under the fuse box and unplug it there. Good luck!

--Steve (O.C.)

PS. When you take the shock out, there is a metal bushing in each eyelet of the shock. Better to put the nut and bolt back in the shock after you remove it, that way the shock bushings stay in place and do not get lost.

--Steve (O.C)

Back