• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats everyone running in 1500ft, w Freddies filters.

LydonRX-1

Veteran
I had an oppurtunity on the weekend to participate in a radar run. I am running a M-10 rear, with the limiter cranked all the way, so i believe weight transfer was as good as it was going to get!

My results were:

1st run 99.8 MPH
2nd run 100.7MPH
3rd run, without pre-filters 101.8 MPH
4th run 100.2 MPH

In all honesty, i was showing 178KPH(111mph), on the speedo, 200-300 ft before the mark, but the sled would not accelerate passed this speed, just kept fluttering, and breaking up on the top.

I am also running Supertuner stage 2, clutching...sled would pull hard to 10000 rpm, and hold, did not pull any higher..i was expecting 10500rpms, but didn't see it all day.

My tuner thinks that 165 jets are way to big, and the sled is choking on all the excess fuel, he suggested that i go down 3 sizes...

So, i guess i am seeing this 100MPH, wall, as others on the board...

Looking for a little input..i knew the M-10 would slow me down, but i was hoping it would only be 3-5MPH...not 15MPH

You say the limiters are cranked all the way, up or down?
I think you might benefit from re-routing the Crank case breather up to the filters.

I pulled the tensioner all the way up, (tightest setting), i had allot of ratcheting, on the first run, with tensioner in the factory setting. I am also running a GP-1 exhaust, im not sure if thats contributing to the loss of top speed, and the lack of pull above 100 MPH.

I was expecting to run around 110-112mph!

Reading Mike Knapps posting, it looks like some top end can be gained re-routing the breather tube. But I do believe the M-10 is the biggest culprit.

Some other sleds competing were:

Skidoo 800 H.O 112 MPH
Polaris 700..moded 109MPH
2 Thundercats.. highly modded 122mph
skidoo 600 H.O 91 MPH (stock)
polaris 600 95.1 mph

We had three big men stand on the back, to adjust limiter strap, would this be tightening, or loosening...definitly felt better with change!

I have freddies kit with 165's as well. By the color of my exhaust tips,I would say mine is rich as well. Read the post about the crank vent and Freddies kit before you do any jetting changes. Venting the crankcase into the filters sounds like the solution to the loss of top speed experienced by some users. I will be doing this before changing jets as the exhaust tip deposits may be crankcase oil from blowby.

Are you sure you are referring to the straps,which are at the front top of the skid? I can't see how you could even reach the adjuster nuts with the sled upright and the suspension collapsed.
I agree with Mighty.... I would let these straps out all the way, and tighten the track a little bit, just enough to stop the ratcheting.

yes the compressing was for the front strap. We also lifted the sled to adjust two nuts at the back of the skid! Believe this was for transfer adjustment! After this tweek, the ratcheting was gone.

It was after this tweek, and the removal of the pre-filters, that i got my fastest run of 101.8 MPH...still 10+ mph from where i was expecting it to run!

The fastest I have personally run in 1500 feet was 113 MPH on radar. I have seen 119 with my air kits and one time 120 on the same sled.

You are wasting your time trying to go fast with the M10 suspension. It is a wonderful...and I mean great trail suspension designed for soaking up bumps and moguls. Use it the way it was designed to be used and you will really like it.

Freddie

when you took the filters off did you change jets as well? I haven't run a 1500ft run, but I can turn 97mph in a 1000.

Back