• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats real world results with the full hindle setup

sorenson1610 said:
peppahillcustom said:
2 speeds were like $250 or $275. They work great. Just got my auto tune today. Having troubles getting a db reducer. Hopefully Dave at hurricane is gonna come through on that for me

Thanks, you buy your auto tune direct from dynojet or did u find one on e bay? Been looking on there and I can't find just the auto tune, just combos of pc5 and auto tune.

I actually work at a small shop and we have a parts unlimited account so I was able to buy just the auto tune kit for my pc5. If you have problems finding one let me know I could probably help you out. I have to give a thanx to Dave at hurricane and his wife great people to deal with db reducer is on its way. There should be more people like them in the industry.

sorenson1610 said:
peppahillcustom said:
2 speeds were like $250 or $275. They work great. Just got my auto tune today. Having troubles getting a db reducer. Hopefully Dave at hurricane is gonna come through on that for me

Thanks, you buy your auto tune direct from dynojet or did u find one on e bay? Been looking on there and I can't find just the auto tune, just combos of pc5 and auto tune.

I actually work at a small shop and we have a parts unlimited account so I was able to buy just the auto tune kit for my pc5. If you have problems finding one let me know I could probably help you out. I have to give a thanx to Dave at hurricane and his wife great people to deal with db reducer is on its way. There should be more people like them in the industry.

peppahillcustom said:
sorenson1610 said:
peppahillcustom said:

Both are fantastic people and give great customer service. The Auto Tune is the best route to go with the PC5...you will be able to load in Daves base map for this kit and let the Auto Tune do its job. If you need any maps, let me know and I can get you some. Enjoy your new set up...and hang on!

shaddow44 said:
SledFreak said:
No offence to any of the motor mods, because I know they all work... But, the reason you drilled him so bad, was the amount of traction you had over the 121. The 136" sled complements the power of the Nytro and its torque curve. A 121" sled will just spin while you drive away. After owning 5, 4 stroke sleds now, I have come to the conclusion to see the full potential of the motors, you need a min of 128", but 136 is preferred. They just spin way to much...

Andy..Ive beaten a few XTXs and one stretched RTX ( 136" ) with my 121" RTX...all sleds had similar mods ( exhausts, clutched ). While I did spin out of the hole, my mid range helped me pull past them by a couple lengths.

Ryan..XTX's suck for weight transfer and its not from the track length, but more with the rear skid. Lots of varaibles here, but if all tunes were equal, the longer track will prevail... Revster also had a deeper lug track and it is longer... In snow, there was no way that RTX had a chance.. Major hardpacked snow/ice, then ya, I could see the shorty sprinting during midrange on a short (1000foot race). But like I said, lots of variables... Take a stock for stock sled, the XTX will prevail, even with its crappy weight transfer... Also, a stock XTX is 5-7mph faster on top end.... If you are beating them, they are not close to the same state of tune...

SledFreak said:
shaddow44 said:
SledFreak said:
No offence to any of the motor mods, because I know they all work... But, the reason you drilled him so bad, was the amount of traction you had over the 121. The 136" sled complements the power of the Nytro and its torque curve. A 121" sled will just spin while you drive away. After owning 5, 4 stroke sleds now, I have come to the conclusion to see the full potential of the motors, you need a min of 128", but 136 is preferred. They just spin way to much...

Andy..Ive beaten a few XTXs and one stretched RTX ( 136" ) with my 121" RTX...all sleds had similar mods ( exhausts, clutched ). While I did spin out of the hole, my mid range helped me pull past them by a couple lengths.

Ryan..XTX's suck for weight transfer and its not from the track length, but more with the rear skid. Lots of varaibles here, but if all tunes were equal, the longer track will prevail... Revster also had a deeper lug track and it is longer... In snow, there was no way that RTX had a chance.. Major hardpacked snow/ice, then ya, I could see the shorty sprinting during midrange on a short (1000foot race). But like I said, lots of variables... Take a stock for stock sled, the XTX will prevail, even with its crappy weight transfer... Also, a stock XTX is 5-7mph faster on top end.... If you are beating them, they are not close to the same state of tune...

Andy, you need to re-read what I said...I've beat 136" RTXs with similar mods ( different exhaust but full header system ), and XTXs with similar mods...walked right passed them after they took the hole shot. My point is that the Hurricane Hindle system has wicked mid range...Revsters vid is a great race....and while he does have more mods, it shows how hard this setup runs...both those sleds came out of the hole pretty even for the first 30ish ft...Revsters sled then pulls like a freight train and walks away. The sleds I ran were all tuned very well, so I guess the extra 3-5hp on the top that I am making up top makes a difference

SledFreak said:

Dude I've used that sled as a benchmark to test mine against for 2 seasons. The previous season I could not pull away on him like that and we had the same tracks on our sleds. I'd agree with you if he had actually spun. We raced 3 or 4 times that day till we had one where neither of us spun. We've raced these sleds against each other numerous times with rolling starts as well.

I didn't post the video as an add for any particular mod. I've documented what I've done to my sled on here and that is the result against a strong running well set-up sled with less mods. At the end of the day I'm only a few sled lengths a head of him and I spent a big chunk of money more then he has. By the seat of your pants there isn't a big difference between the sleds on the flatlands..... however when I took mine out west it was an animal compared to the previous year. Credit going to the Hindle system and the SBR clutch kit.

Revster how do you like the sbr clutch kit? I got the full Hindle set up from Dave witch came with weights he recomended. Great for racing but not the best on trail. Also looking to add auto tune.

What weights do you have? Drag n flies? I have heard good things about the auto tune so I would go for that, that's the plan for me this year. I have the hindle exhaust, air box and pc5. Going to give the 2 speeds a whirl this year, hopefully that works out well with what I have.

bluesrxman said:
Revster how do you like the sbr clutch kit? I got the full Hindle set up from Dave witch came with weights he recomended. Great for racing but not the best on trail. Also looking to add auto tune.

Yeah I do really like the SBR set-up, worked fantastic both flatlands and when I went to the mountains. I did do a couple of days on the trails this year and really liked how it worked there as well. I like it much better then my DNF set-up.

peppahillcustom said:
Anybody got some good baseline afr tables that i Could use to finish setting up my auto tune? Thanx
I think you want your a/f ratios to be anywere inbetween 11.5-12.8... anything richer your wasting gas and power, anything leaner your risking your motor. I havent looked at my autotune settings in a long time but my gauge usually read at or around 11.8-12.0.

natedawgedog said:
peppahillcustom said:
Anybody got some good baseline afr tables that i Could use to finish setting up my auto tune? Thanx
I think you want your a/f ratios to be anywere inbetween 11.5-12.8... anything richer your wasting gas and power, anything leaner your risking your motor. I havent looked at my autotune settings in a long time but my gauge usually read at or around 11.8-12.0.

If you run NA then you are safe to run into the 13s...I believe mine runs 13.3 at 9000 rpm. I can't find my dyno sheets but I believe I was 11.8-11.9 in the lower rpm ranges ( off idle to 5500 ) and then went into the mid to upper 12s and finished low 13s...however I run an RB3. I think ideally you want to run 11.9-12.5 in the lower and 12.5-13.0 towards the upper rpm. Even the factory A/F runs upwards of 12.8-9 at top rpm.

Peppahillcustom...contact Hindle on their website...there new design guy has tons of experience with the Power Commander and Auto Tune...they should be able to help you out.

Back