• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats real world results with the full hindle setup

peppahillcustom

Extreme
Looking at purchasing a hindle setup for my 09 rtx se. Looking for swome real world seat of the pants results on this exhaust since its been out for a little bit now and have not heard much about it this winter. I would be running it with k&n filters and not the hurricane box mod. Is there any maps for this setup with k&n's? Also how loud is the exhaust with a db reducer in it cuz with out it dnr would have a field day with tickets where I ride the most? Thanx for any input

Paging Shadow44! I Repeat! Paging Shadow44!

He has the full setup and lots of time with it, best guy to talk to.

Zakre said:
Paging Shadow44! I Repeat! Paging Shadow44!

He has the full setup and lots of time with it, best guy to talk to.

LOL...I'll post the thread I started this year....as far as DB is concerned, with the terrible winter I had this season, it was hard to get some wide open or low running numbers, however I did an idle test, nothing official, but on idel with me standing 15-20ft away I was reading 71-72db....that was with a DB reducer in place in the 20" muffler. Seat of the pants...this system rocks, especially with good clutching. The only mapping we have so far is with the airbox mod...Revster runs filters and his seems to work really well, the best solution is to run a PC5 with auto tune....it will map the setup for you. I will be running that next season to get a proper map..but either way with filters or airbox mod, the mapping shouldn't be much different. For what it's worth, if you don't already have filters, run the airbox mod...it was designed for this set up and works very well.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... ght=hindle

hopefully revster will post his vid of him drag racing another nytro...or check out his thread in the Sled Garage forum.

As shadow mentioned I am running K&N intake, Ulmers kit actually. ...and I have a full Hindle system. What's a db reducer? he he he

As for the PCV map I do not have one for that set-up, at least now a dyno tuned one. I started with the Hurricane map then used an AFR to adjust the curve. I have the sled running strong, very strong actually. I still have some fine tuning to do but it's pretty close. The upper end throttle positions need only a small amount of fuel added. Where the curve was really lean was the 5000 rpm range. This is not a big deal when you are on and off the throttle however when you a putting through a town the sled sits in that range and I didn't want it lean at all.

Here is the video shadow mentioned. My buddy was wearing the go pro during a short race. ....and his sled is no slouch it is a very strong running sled with SBR clutch kit, 1.5" track and skinz exhaust. (but engine is stock)
Nytro vs Nytro video

Well I am biting the bullit and picking up my exhaust and fuel controller from a fellow site member tom. Where I ride I will be running a db reducer as loud exhaust are frowned upon. Gonna run the k&n's and cr10 plugs as I already have them with the hindle setup with the 20" stealth exhaust. Gonna make my own tunnel blockoff so there is no way you can tell the exhaust is modded. I should be good on clutching as I am runnong heelclicker 2 speeds with the black spring and 14.5 rollers. Super smooth engagement and unreal pull with this setup. Should only be better with the exhaust. Hope it fills the that need for the little more power I want out of this sled. May consider bringing the sled to dynotech for a tune

You will like the power increase for sure, and the 2 speeds should work well, I run the Drag n Flies and they work great but I think I'm going to try the 2 speds as well. Remember that if you are getting it tuned at DTR...make sure you have it tuned for the DB reducer. It can richen things up a bit compared to running without one. Let me know if you do go to DTR...I'd really like to see what kind of HP you make.

It will be tuned with the db reducer as I wont run it with out. Really want to try and keep the noise down. You will like the 2 speeds. Hands down one of the best upgrades I have done so far is the 2 speeds and 14.5 rollers. Engagement is so smooth and comes in between 3300 and 3500. It comes out of the hole well and the mid range and top end is great. Now I just need to find someone that can sell me a db reducer in the states. Hoping to have the exhaust on by next weekend.Shadow did you change your clutch weight much with the exhaust?

peppahillcustom said:
It will be tuned with the db reducer as I wont run it with out. Really want to try and keep the noise down. You will like the 2 speeds. Hands down one of the best upgrades I have done so far is the 2 speeds and 14.5 rollers. Engagement is so smooth and comes in between 3300 and 3500. It comes out of the hole well and the mid range and top end is great. Now I just need to find someone that can sell me a db reducer in the states. Hoping to have the exhaust on by next weekend.Shadow did you change your clutch weight much with the exhaust?

You should contact Hindle for their db reducer...they spent countless hours of testing to get a design that would allow for maximum flow and knock the DBs down...I wouldn't use any other type in there...Hindle's just pops in from the front or inlet side and can easily be removed...specifically designed for their stuff.

I used Turks black spring setup for the Drag n Flys and didn't need to make any changes...so if you are running Turks or BADLSEDS 2 Speed set up, it should work as is....remember that running up to 9000=9050 is right where you want to be with the Hindle exhaust.

No offence to any of the motor mods, because I know they all work... But, the reason you drilled him so bad, was the amount of traction you had over the 121. The 136" sled complements the power of the Nytro and its torque curve. A 121" sled will just spin while you drive away. After owning 5, 4 stroke sleds now, I have come to the conclusion to see the full potential of the motors, you need a min of 128", but 136 is preferred. They just spin way to much...

SledFreak said:
No offence to any of the motor mods, because I know they all work... But, the reason you drilled him so bad, was the amount of traction you had over the 121. The 136" sled complements the power of the Nytro and its torque curve. A 121" sled will just spin while you drive away. After owning 5, 4 stroke sleds now, I have come to the conclusion to see the full potential of the motors, you need a min of 128", but 136 is preferred. They just spin way to much...

Andy..Ive beaten a few XTXs and one stretched RTX ( 136" ) with my 121" RTX...all sleds had similar mods ( exhausts, clutched ). While I did spin out of the hole, my mid range helped me pull past them by a couple lengths.

2 speeds were like $250 or $275. They work great. Just got my auto tune today. Having troubles getting a db reducer. Hopefully Dave at hurricane is gonna come through on that for me

peppahillcustom said:
2 speeds were like $250 or $275. They work great. Just got my auto tune today. Having troubles getting a db reducer. Hopefully Dave at hurricane is gonna come through on that for me

Thanks, you buy your auto tune direct from dynojet or did u find one on e bay? Been looking on there and I can't find just the auto tune, just combos of pc5 and auto tune.

Back