• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's the skinny on the RX1 weight?

Mark O

Expert
Yamaha is once again publishing the weights of their '06 sleds, but what is the REAL weight of the RX1 is for each of the three years it was in production?

Curious minds must know. ;)!

The 2004 RX-1 ER published dry weight was 559 pounds. The 05 RX-1 was claimed to be 22 pounds lighter, or 537 pounds. I believe the 03 RX-1 ER was suppose to be 30 pounds heavier than the 2004 model, so that would have made it 589 pounds.

I have an 05 RX-1 and still have my 03 RX-1. To be quite honest, I don't notice the weight difference when riding the two sleds. Suspension yes, but weight no.

Snowsports Spring issue...

2005 Rx-1 wet (with oil, 5 gallons of gas, carbides and studs (# unknown))

630lbs

Sorry don't have wets for other years.

I thought my 05 ER was quite better feel than my 03 ER!

I could feel a difference in weight after getting off one & on to the other back to back!!!

BR

My favorite, as I was told, "If you want a lighter sled, go on a diet" LaLaLa

Im pretty sure these are the dry weights:
'03: 600 pounds
'04: 580 pounds
'05: 560 pounds
Dont quote me on that, Im not 100% sure that those are the exact weights but it should be pretty close.
Cap'n

Captain_Toyota said:
Im pretty sure these are the dry weights:
'03: 600 pounds
'04: 580 pounds
'05: 560 pounds
Dont quote me on that, Im not 100% sure that those are the exact weights but it should be pretty close.
Cap'n

Well at least they are working on it. Can't complain about that.

impalapower said:
Well at least they are working on it. Can't complain about that.
;)! I believe they dropped 20 pounds for the '04s by going to a magnesium chaincase, exhaust and valvecover.
I believe they dropped another 20 pounds for the '05s by going to the Monoshock RA. Unlike some other manufacturers *COUGHING* Arctic Cat *COUGHING*, Yamaha has been able to lighten up their sleds without making them weak.
Cap'n

2005 Rx-1 ER with 144 studs with aluminum backers,gas tank filled to the bottom of the white insert,tool kit and spare belt. Ready to ride. 664 lb.
2005 Vector ER same prep 652 lb.
2004 Doo GSX 600 SDI same prep 598 lb.
All weights done on certified scales.

Back