• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's your favorite stretch of trail?

Right now, any trail thats got good snow :jump:

kinger said:
cant remember the trail number but on the way to Gay, MI there is a series of a dozen or so big whoops where you catch air all the way down the back side gently land and go up the other one fly down, etc. ITs funny in a big group because when you get in the air you can see other coming down or going up and its like a magical snow dance LOL

I cant stop giggling on that trail its just a blast, only lasts about 2 mins though.

I know exact what your talking about. I hate leading on that stretch though. I'm always worried that someone broke down just over the crest of one of those whoops and I'll have one of those "oh $hiiiiit" moments as I come over the top of the crest.

c109d from behind timmies in chelmsford to fairbanks lake. lots of twisties at the ends with good streches for highspeed running. also has an option to jump out on the river and wot down the vermilion river/lake.

the powerline trail (forget #) from valcaron to rockies is almost as good. has more elevation changes so you can get some air while crusing.

always have enjoyed the trails in muni but nothing beats the company ;)!

but nothing beats off trail or breaking trapping trails dodging trees. most fun you can have on a sled barring pine cones.

ASP 1 in the Allegany State Park in Cattaraugus County NY. Its a 14 mile 2 lane road that is groomed very well for sleds and has lots of long sweeping corners. You can carry alot of speed through them and my buddies and I race down it 2 & 3 sleds wide.

Don't remember the trail number but it is the Cut River trail that runs South out of Trout Lake, MI to Epoufette on Lake Superior. It is a fairly wide trail with great visibility and sweeping turns as it runs along the Cut River. I love hanging off the seat thru the turns at speed. It is always well groomed. G.B.

NSST (North Shore State trail, upper half past Silver Bay. A close second is the Grand Portage trail system.

Anything in the Maple Leaf Snow Skimmers area and the trail from Golden Lake to Griffith....but as of lately, any groomed trail..or any trail with snow!

this past year? skinny trail S71 to S46 from McKeever NY over to Nobleboro NY -- just had about a 20+" dump the day before, 1 group through before me, awesome DEEP snow :-o

798467287_6z6NN-L.jpg

DEEP snow, bounchin' offa trees/berms/whoops all in slow motion/powder mode -- way cool

next year?? hmmmm.........

Amo said:
NSST (North Shore State trail, upper half past Silver Bay. A close second is the Grand Portage trail system.

I second this, except I find the Grand Portage Trails to be better groomed.

McTavish said:
Amo said:

I second this, except I find the Grand Portage Trails to be better groomed.

Grand Portage are groomed daily and the NSST sees about 20x the traffic so that explains alot. However, I did not have a single rough trail ride at all this season in that area but I think thats cause rider count was down a bit from what I heard.

Back