• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's your favorite stretch of trail?

Nipigon to Beardmore via the pipeline...

Attachments

• DCP_1359.jpg
    DCP_1359.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,845
  • DCP_1361.JPG
    DCP_1361.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 128

11 straight miles from Charlies Inn in Lake Clear heading north twords Mountain View. Its an old rail road bed that is straight and flat. Usually groomed to a T. I have actually gotten board at WFO and let off the throttle just for something to do.. Its that straight and long. A turbo apexs dream come true.. Called the tunnel because as you look down it, its longer than you can see and it looks like a huge tunnel... OMG, I can't wait for snow...

Mikey said:
Nipigon to Beardmore via the pipeline...

This is an awesome section of trail!

Do you guys go every year? We try to make a trip up that way for the hills around Christmas from Geraldton.

I hear the trail from Nipigon to Beardmore will not be open this year.

mr.pitstop said:
11 straight miles from Charlies Inn in Lake Clear heading north twords Mountain View. Its an old rail road bed that is straight and flat. Usually groomed to a T. I have actually gotten board at WFO and let off the throttle just for something to do.. Its that straight and long. A turbo apexs dream come true.. Called the tunnel because as you look down it, its longer than you can see and it looks like a huge tunnel... OMG, I can't wait for snow...

Belly's still open in Mountain View? The chili's worth the ride up from Old Forge ;)!

millstreet said:
mr.pitstop said:

Belly's still open in Mountain View? The chili's worth the ride up from Old Forge ;)!

Was open last year, we spent a few good evenings there. We always make a trip up and stay a night or two at Trail Side or Deer Valley. Its about a 115 mile trip from my house to Bellys but always worth the trip..

Valhala Trail north of Cable WI, anything around Eagle River when they have snow, they do a excellent job grooming and maintaining thier trails and our group loves the super tight twisties. I know there is plenty more but thats just what comes to my head now.

Attachments

• 100_1876 (Small).JPG
    100_1876 (Small).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 83
Gone Blue said:
Don't remember the trail number but it is the Cut River trail that runs South out of Trout Lake, MI to Epoufette on Lake Superior. It is a fairly wide trail with great visibility and sweeping turns as it runs along the Cut River. I love hanging off the seat thru the turns at speed. It is always well groomed. G.B.

I agree! :Rockon: Just wish it had snow last year!!!

In the LP, The South loop East out of Gaylord to Lovells, same great "hang off the seat" action.
:drink:

Rockmeister said:
Gone Blue said:
Don't remember the trail number but it is the Cut River trail that runs South out of Trout Lake, MI to Epoufette on Lake Superior. It is a fairly wide trail with great visibility and sweeping turns as it runs along the Cut River. I love hanging off the seat thru the turns at speed. It is always well groomed. G.B.

I agree! :Rockon: Just wish it had snow last year!!!

In the LP, The South loop East out of Gaylord to Lovells, same great "hang off the seat" action.
:drink:

Rock,
Take that loop to Lewiston, then down toward Lovells, and then back up toward Gaylord,its all good, just a bigger round trip loop. Bigger is better, Right........LOL.... :-o ;)! ;):D

My out the door loop with the boys for a week night burger from Waters
down to Frederic then to Starvation Lake (for a bite and frosty beverage)
then get back on the trail head to Alba (Green lantern) then to Elmira
(Larry's). Then head back to Lakes of the north Drop off a buddy then back to Waters on the trail...

Gotta tell ya when the trail along 131 is smooth and groomed its a pretty quick trip...to Larrys

North of McMillian on a powder day is like heaven.....on earth...lol

The Bill Nichols trail...is one awesome ride too. Little chilly if its below zero...gotten frost bit on that trail more than once....ouch..

My favorite is Trail 13 between Twin Lakes and Greenland, Michigan in the Keweenaw. 35 miles of smiles everytime I've riden that trail. Lots of twisty's, hills, and some nice long straights to stretch out the legs of your sled. Bob at Beer Belly Bob's in Greenland is a colorful character to chat with and Pat's Yamaha is another great place to stop at in Greenland while in the area.

My favorite is the Gunflint Snowmobile trail -- waaaaaay in in Northeastern MN. Just breath taking and lots of wildlife like moose to see.

The key is knowing the grooming schedule becausthere are so much trail the small club up there can't keep up

Mike

Maineman said:
The trail from Allagash, Maine to Escourt.. Beautiful
HPIM1057.jpg

That is beautiful. Looks a lit bit like the UP of Michigan. There are some views around Lake of the Clouds and Copper Harbor that are so spectacular that you hate to leave them.

Back