• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's your favorite stretch of trail?

Thinking about a saddlebag trip in MN. Anyone have any good suggestions for a 3 day round trip starting anywhere between the Twin Cities & Duluth?

Rt. 66 Maine....

100_1305.jpg

100_1414.jpg

I vote for the Big Bay area trails.I always tell my wife when I win the lottery im building a cabin up there just to ride the nice wide long sweepers. I havent been up there in a few years but my old 700 was born to ride on those trails!

langow said:
One of my all time favorites is in the U.P. of Michigan. Trail 107 just east of Watersmeet to U.P. Chucks bar near Kenton. It's about a 30 mile stretch of unplowed road with nice winding curves and elevation changes. Gives you that feeling of running an F1 road course. Every time I'm on that trail I've got a ear to ear grin on my face and wishing it would never end.

X2 on trail 107. You can really haul the mail on that stretch with the nice sweeping curves. It's probably my favorite as well. My second favorite would the be stretch from Bear Trap to Grand Marais. About 28 miles of similar terrain ;)!

Superman said:
32 to 33 to 5. Gwinn MI, to Republic/Champion.

14 L'ance to Big Bay.

88 between 443 and 43 south of Grand Marais.

3 of my favorites^^^

Hey those are all my favorites too. 5 north when coming from Iron Mountain is great and low traffic ... opps we shouldn't have told everyone. There aren't many stops let alone bars...that's why I think the traffic is low. Just over 100 miles from Iron Mountain to Gwinn and no gas unless you detour a bit.

Anyone that has snow and is groomed is my favorite I am a trail ridin whore lol!!!

Maineman said:
The trail from Allagash, Maine to Escourt.. Beautiful
HPIM1057.jpg

I have to agree!! That trail is always groomed perfectly, has tons of snow, and light traffic. I try to run it every time I'm in the county. The only drawback is it's a cold ride!

kinger said:
cant remember the trail number but on the way to Gay, MI there is a series of a dozen or so big whoops where you catch air all the way down the back side gently land and go up the other one fly down, etc. ITs funny in a big group because when you get in the air you can see other coming down or going up and its like a magical snow dance LOL

I cant stop giggling on that trail its just a blast, only lasts about 2 mins though.

ha! same amount of time as a good roller coaster.....or sex. i want to ride that trail! seriously, it sounds fun! i love those tpes of trails

Trail 3 outta Hancock (once you clear the city) to Copper Harbor... especially the last 20 miles into Copper. The view from the bluff at the top on a clear day is unforgettable. Doesn't hurt that the Mariner North and Johanna (the masseuse that works above the bar) are waiting at the end of the trail ;)! The L'anse to Big Bay trail is nice too. Probably my favorite trails though, are the ones near my cabin south of Muni that lead to all my favorite offtrail play spots :jump:

318 from Le Cabanon to St. Michel des Saints, QC, just after the groomer hits later in the day. ;)!

Attachments

• 318 From Le Cabanon to St. Michel .jpg
    318 From Le Cabanon to St. Michel .jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 159

Back