• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wheel position....Will it lead to increased hyfax wear?

DK

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro XTX
1998 SRX
1980 Exciter
1988 Sno Scoot
1989 Kitty Cat
So not sure how much this will play into my hyfax wear but just noticed that on my 2012 XTX the second set of wheels from the front are further forward than the pictures on Yamaha-Motor.com Take a look below, think I am going to try to run them further towards the rear and hopefully this will help the hyfax wear. Not sure why they would leave the factory in this position as the first and second set of wheels are really close then there is quite a distance to the third set at the tip-up.

Attachments

• Nytro XTX suspension.jpg
    Nytro XTX suspension.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 60
  • Yamaha XTX from web.JPG
    Yamaha XTX from web.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 59

There were multiple changes from '11 to '12 on the placement and geometry of the XTX skid. I went to a local snow show last fall and looked at an Apex XTX and flipped out LOL! Different mounting point for wheels, front arm of the skid, and some other geometry changes to the rear arm. OH, and they moved the wheels down as well.

Well I am just going to try by moving my wheels to the rear and maybe add another set to the inside. We will see how that will affect my hyfax wear.

Back