• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where are the track clips

03RX1-ER-LE

Bleed BLUE
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Apex XTX 12,497 miles
2009 Apex ER 8,169 miles

2016 Sport Haven 12 foot Hybrid trailer

Tow Vehicle
2022 F-150 Super Crew 4x4 2.7L EcoBoost

2021 Wolverine X4
I have been looking at used Apex's, the photos they post of the track, or the sleds I have looked at in person is missing several track clips.
No not the normal every third window clipped track, I mean several in a row missing.
Here is a photo of one I just looked at online, 2011 Apex SE with 4500 miles, don't see a single track clip. Is this bad luck or an issue with newer ripsaws?
The only track i have ever replaced clips on was my wife's 2003 RX1 we picked up used in 06 with 4200 miles, I had to re-clip the entire track however it was the OE 1" lug track and still in use today.
I have the tool and it is not hard to do, not to pricey, of course it is not when comparing to a price of a new track.

So that being said is this a trend for this track or just poor maintenance of sliders/riding in low snow conditions.
Track.jpg

i would say bad conditions for the missing clips. track looks ok otherwise in pic. heck the track on my apex has 10000 mi on it and still has all the clips on it from factory. might be its last season as it is starting to shed paddles now.

A little off topic but, I cut out all the closed windows on my factory Ripsaw and added new clips. Its fairly easy to do provided you have the right tool. I sprung for the crimping tool that is sold by Tracks USA and it made the task very easy. I had my track out at the time but, replacing the clips could probably be done with the track still installed.

A little off topic but, I cut out all the closed windows on my factory Ripsaw and added new clips. Its fairly easy to do provided you have the right tool. I sprung for the crimping tool that is sold by Tracks USA and it made the task very easy. I had my track out at the time but, replacing the clips could probably be done with the track still installed.
I have the tool and have done one track with it, was not hard just time consuming. I just feel low miles for sled clips, however I ride in good conditions so I can see why I can go thousands of miles on my tracks.

Back