• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where can you find oem style electrical connectors and pins?

Nikolai

TY 4 Stroke God
The electrical section looks to be a little slow so I'm asking here. Does anyone know where you can buy Yamaha oem style electrical connectors, or even better yet just the pins for them? I searched the internet a few months back and couldn't find anything. Lost of pins that are close in style, but nothing that was the same. Long story short I've been re-using them and I've had enough, it's so incredibly time consuming.

Someone has to know where you can buy replacement pins? A link to a box of 50 would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance.

any big yamaha dealer will have a the pins they come in a big kit they also try any dealer how sell out boards there is a bigger chance they will have those pins you are looking for if you put a picture I amy be able to help you

I'd p.m. rock. He is always making stuff to plug and play like yamaheaters, so I guess he has a good source?

You can always count on Rock to help a guy out. #1 in service. Wish everyone was as quick and helpful as he is. Keep up the good work Rock!!

Ordered from Eastern Beaver. Got 50 each of male terminals, female terminals, and new seals for $25 shipped. Man I wish I would have figured this out BEFORE I completed 90% of the wiring.

Just thought I'd update the thread. I got the package about a week ago, very quick service and everything I ordered was sent correctly. I will definitely be ordering more from them in the future.

What's your latest project? Helping Andrew?

David

Hey Dude!

Send me a PM, will get you taken care of! :Rockon:

Rock :-o
Hey Rockmeister, looking for any general advice on finding parts for my 07 Phazers. I have two, and just working on updating several things to keep them cruising. Any advice you have on wiring connectors, replacing handlebar guards, finding a replacement track, replacing or rebuilding the rear shock absorber, or troubleshooting what seems to be an electrical problem that won't let my fuel pump run on one of the sleds is appreciated. Love these sleds, I just need to give them some TLC since the last owner didn't do anything aside from yearly service on oil/coolant. I'm enjoying learning more about how to do my own work, steep learning curve but satisfying doing everything myself. Thanks!

Hey Dude, Wow, big list!

Ok, used parts: Suggest Travis at Barn of Parts, a vender here. Also Jim at Spa City Sled parts.
Both are great guys & have about everything you need.

Shocks: Have 2 guys (Both friends, both named Steve, and both do well! lol. Cannondale a vender here on TY.
Also my friend Steve does them also. Have to PM me for his number.

Overall, suggest focusing on one or 2 things first, then go on to the next thing as you fix them.
Focus on safety & getting it running first, so the Fuel Pump should be high priority.

On the Fuel Pump:
As you probably know, it should run for just a few seconds when you first turn the key on.
Does your dash go through the self test when first turned on?
Have you checked every fuse in the fuse box?
May want to test each one for continuity.

Are there any other electrical gremlins that you know of?
There may be, however you may not know that without it running also.
They have enough time on them, you may have an issue with the ground blocks.
Look up "Ground Blocks" on this site. (TY)

I can also help troubleshoot on the phone to help nail it down quickly. (Have to PM me for the number)
However, perform tests above first.

RockMeister

Hey Rockmeister, looking for any general advice on finding parts for my 07 Phazers. I have two, and just working on updating several things to keep them cruising. Any advice you have on wiring connectors, replacing handlebar guards, finding a replacement track, replacing or rebuilding the rear shock absorber, or troubleshooting what seems to be an electrical problem that won't let my fuel pump run on one of the sleds is appreciated. Love these sleds, I just need to give them some TLC since the last owner didn't do anything aside from yearly service on oil/coolant. I'm enjoying learning more about how to do my own work, steep learning curve but satisfying doing everything myself. Thanks!

Back